AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards - "What are those top dogs running?"
Baldwin - "Uh it's like a 6:28"
Edwards - "Fastest time? Is that it!?"

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

We don't do our TT on a track so that would slow things down, plus we know there's a few guys at the club that were drafted with a low 6:00 2km. Pretty sure you can see Archie Roberts watch in TT photos and he was tracking for a ~ 6:20 2km after doing something like 6:08 at the combine only a few weeks ago

We don't do our TT on a track so that would slow things down, plus we know there's a few guys at the club that were drafted with a low 6:00 2km. Pretty sure you can see Archie Roberts watch in TT photos and he was tracking for a ~ 6:20 2km after doing something like 6:08 at the combine only a few weeks ago
How much time difference would ascribe to track v grass out of curiosity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus the fact most of them are a fair bit heavier than they were at 17

I assume most of the guys with elite tanks at the draft slow down a bit as they gain weight, I know Blicavs has said he's significantly slower now that he's about 20kg heavier.

Guys that come in without the lean runner physiques (e.g. Parish, Baldwin, Tsatas) probably improve with time in the system.

Will be interested to see how his efforts to improve his speed translate. I can see a world where he can pass Laverde and be the second KPD behind McKay .

Reckon it’s more likely than not that he mostly plays VFL again….but good on him for throwing everything at it. The rig is in ridiculous shape.

Seems like the sort of quality character you keep as depth even if he’s not cracking the best 22.

Reckon it’s more likely than not that he mostly plays VFL again….but good on him for throwing everything at it. The rig is in ridiculous shape.

Seems like the sort of quality character you keep as depth even if he’s not cracking the best 22.

Tend to agree. If you count he and Lav as KPD, he is probably the best user on the team in that position, which is a bit of a point of difference.

I do think if he plays another year in the VFL like he did last year, he’ll have plenty of suitors.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back