AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I love him, but think his timing’s off. Heppell’s going around for another, so he’d still be behind him an Lav.

I both think and hope another club will pick him up
Arrested Development No GIF

I'm a huge Baldwin fan. If he can get himself on the park (assuming he gets another chance on the list), is he a potential FF option for us? Someone who can stand under a high ball and out-body his opponent for a mark? Given our game plan appears to be 'bomb it long on top of a bunch of leading fwds who can't take a park mark to save themselves', could Baldwin be our next (fwd version) Cale Hooker?

I'm a huge Baldwin fan. If he can get himself on the park (assuming he gets another chance on the list), is he a potential FF option for us? Someone who can stand under a high ball and out-body his opponent for a mark? Given our game plan appears to be 'bomb it long on top of a bunch of leading fwds who can't take a park mark to save themselves', could Baldwin be our next (fwd version) Cale Hooker?

He’s the kind of guy that if list sizes were bigger you would absolutely continue to invest in but in this brutalist world of immediate gratification I don’t see it.

Not offered a contract for 2025 New
Shame but with list sizes, only realistic option for us. Hope he has better luck on a SANFL list back home and gets a second shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can understand the decision, but he's one that will make us look real silly if another club takes a punt on him and he gets his body right. Like, proper silly, not Voss silly or even Mass silly. Can seriously play and has all the strengths that our team needs (other than being able to get on the park of course).

Have not persisted with 2 other guys who made their way back onto AFL lists to keep this guy.

I completely understand the tragic element of Baldwin's career and I do feel for the boy. But the extent of the tragedy for Baldwin is proportionate to the stupidity of those who manage our list who bothered with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back