Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:

Love Parker and therefore love the contract extension. The first bit of good news in an otherwise depressing finals series.

But dammit, I love Dawson and Hewett as well.

Get it done Harley - NOW!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other good news (3rd hand) - this was agreed to prior to the Neale news, so we didnt get gouged for extra $100k p.a. from potential Lions interest.

Timing worked out excellent, in another week it may have resulted in another lost star.

Does anyone know if the 4th year is a trigger?

We kicked 2.7 in the last quarter against the Giants, and we couldn't even rely on Buddy to perform his magic.
It shows you how valuable his sharp shooting is, and I would of backed him to kick the goal if he got the opportunity.

I am BEYOND relieved that I never have to watch him kick a goal for another club.

To quote Charlie Gardiner:

"Luke has been one of the players setting the standards for our group for a long time now. He leads by example, on and off the field, epitomises the culture of our club, and continues to show the way for our young players".

And that, ladies & gents, is why his signing is MASSIVE.

Great news he has led the team brilliantly the last couple of years and makes him a Swan for life. If the Vic media ever looked North occasionally they would see he is one of the best captain in the league. Now keep going and sign Dawson and the others , have a big preseason and take the next step.

Could never picture Luke Parker playing for other colours other than the red and white. So glad it's not going to be a reality.
On his way to become a Bloods legend.

Yeah don't underestimate or underappreciate the likelihood that Parker finishes as an all-time great Swan.

4 years gives him time to be a 300 game player, possibly more B&Fs and in a best case scenario a premiership captain.

He and Kennedy will go down in history as two of our best ever players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back