Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
would need a good finals series to even get near kennedys level

2014?

Checked POTY, we gave him BOG in the QF, 2nd BOG in PF, and I don't remember any games after that.

2014?

Checked POTY, we gave him BOG in the QF, 2nd BOG in PF, and I don't remember any games after that.

He shat the bed in the grannie

im splitting hairs between a star in parker and someone i consider an all time great swans player in kennedy mind you

He shat the bed in the grannie

im splitting hairs between a star in parker and someone i consider an all time great swans player in kennedy mind you
Got his first tag for the year. Kennedy got the most tags but Parker was our most damaging mid that year iirc. It was the only good game whoeverthe**** was the tagger's name was as well as they got delisted shortly after

And the entire mids shat the bed that day

Got his first tag for the year. Kennedy got the most tags but Parker was our most damaging mid that year iirc. It was the only good game whoeverthefu** was the tagger's name was as well as they got delisted shortly after

And the entire mids shat the bed that day

kennedy didnt

had like 30 from memory

anyway just think kennedy is a level above

not trying to dump on parker sorry

kennedy didnt

had like 30 from memory

anyway just think kennedy is a level above

not trying to dump on parker sorry

To be clear I wasn't saying they are equal, just that both will be considered greats together.

JPK was a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew he kicked a couple that game, but damn, 3.0 34 disposals 6 tackles. What a freaking legend.

I remember watching parts of the replay, and I remember Kennedy kicking an awesome team-lifting goal, I think it might have been the second quarter. But I just remember it was the second goal he'd kicked in a fairly short time span. And I was watching it with an equal sense of awe and sadness, awe, because Kennedy was playing at a level above anyone else, and should have been enough to inspire his team to victory, and sadness, because we all know what transpired.

I don't think swans fans will ever forget 2016

I remember watching parts of the replay, and I remember Kennedy kicking an awesome team-lifting goal, I think it might have been the second quarter. But I just remember it was the second goal he'd kicked in a fairly short time span. And I was watching it with an equal sense of awe and sadness, awe, because Kennedy was playing at a level above anyone else, and should have been enough to inspire his team to victory, and sadness, because we all know what transpired.

I don't think swans fans will ever forget 2016
You watched a replay? 😲
You're a tougher soul than I...

Oh, and nick off Damo you campaigner

IF ...
it was crucial the Swans retained Luke Parker ...

THEN ...
it wasn't as crucial that they re-contracted him for four more years. Not sure how that deal will be looking mid-2025.

...I'm sure he said something similar about Buddy's contract

Last edited:
Oh, and nick off Davo you campaigner

IF ...
it was crucial the Swans retained Luke Parker ...

THEN ...
it wasn't as crucial that they re-contracted him for four more years. Not sure how that deal will be looking mid-2025.

...I'm sure he said something similar about Buddy's contract
Yeah, this is the bit that annoys me. He'd be the first to dig the knife in if we hadn't re-signed a Cpt & this years B&F winner.

Make up your frackin' mind Dammo!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back