Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker, Graham, Bolton all spent time in the middle too. Taranto/Prestia/Hopper weren't

Sonsie, Kmac2 straight up. Plus draftees
We have both forgotten about Ross, so he is definitely above Dow, so that pushes him further down the list. He might hang in there, not bothered either way.

What if Taranto/Prestia/Hopper go down, like last year.

Which is why the game time of Prestia and Hopper should be managed.

TT will, and should play every game he's fit, you manage the minutes of Prestia and Hopper, and Ross will be the 3rd midfielder in rotation.

Then you would have McAuliffe play more minutes, and then one of the draftees as the 5th mid in rotation.

So any given match day, you would have TT, Prestia/Hopper, Ross, McAuliffe and kid #1 as your midfielders.

Which is why the game time of Prestia and Hopper should be managed.

TT will, and should play every game he's fit, you manage the minutes of Prestia and Hopper, and Ross will be the 3rd midfielder in rotation.

Then you would have McAuliffe play more minutes, and then one of the draftees as the 5th mid in rotation.

So any given match day, you would have TT, Prestia/Hopper, Ross, McAuliffe and kid #1 as your midfielders.
Probably would have to think that the order would go for midfield.

TT, Hopper, Prestia, Ross, McAuliffe, 2024 Draftee, 2024 Draftee, Dow, Daylight, Sonsie.

Has to make the most of it now.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

It's official we're tanking. 1st time in history a 1st rounder went this long to get extended without a single mention of interest from any of the other 17 clubs. Will Martyn, Naish, English and Turner can't believe this bloke gets gifted another year on the back of pure slop. I truly believe Conti has him covered in every facet of the game. Hopefully it was 1 year on reduced minimum contract of $100k.

It's official we're tanking. 1st time in history a 1st rounder went this long to get extended without a single mention of interest from any of the other 17 clubs. Will Martyn, Naish, English and Turner can't believe this bloke gets gifted another year on the back of pure slop. I truly believe Conti has him covered in every facet of the game. Hopefully it was 1 year on reduced minimum contract of $100k.
Maybe he’s paying us to pay… paying his subs to covering a game that lynch won’t play

He needs to spend every moment of 2025 pre-season working with Dion Prestia. If he's going to make it, he needs to push Meatball out of the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's going to make it he needs to learn how to kick, mark, run and find more of the ball.
Lol - yes to all of the above.

Like Prestia, Dow has good hands. That's why it's the spot he needs to be eyeing.

I'd say add muscle and become a fierce tackler. Add endurance to be able to get to more contests. If he can achieve those things then he's got a chance to be a stopgap midfielder for a few years before the kids go past him.

I can't see him playing any other position on the park.

Good one Tiges. He's very much a depth player. We have good luck with injuries possibly won't see him the AFL. But I'd rather Dow gets smashed by some monster than one of our new picks.

And he can play, just not as the main man, or even on the main rotation. With Meatball and Hopper he'd be a good 3rd wheel.

1 or 2 more years left Thomson

Don’t get this. I’d rather keep a list spot free and draft Davidson. Much better player at vfl, no reason why he wouldn’t out perform at afl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
was Davidson in the last mid season draft? not taken by us or anyone. we had 4 or 5 spots & took 2.

with 8 retirements & trades.

Dow's lucky.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow Re-Signed until 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back