Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the * are half of you watching? He was immense in the first half and in our best 5 players.

When I saw this thread bumped I assumed it would be a post about how he should never be dropped again.
He started strong but faded

Just needs more games which he’ll get now

What the * are half of you watching? He was immense in the first half and in our best 5 players.

When I saw this thread bumped I assumed it would be a post about how he should never be dropped again.
Wasting your e-breath on some here mate, seriously.

He’s good enough for an AFL list which means he’s good for us.

He’s not nearly what you’d expect from a number 3 draft pick.
Which is the problem
Yep.

He’s a decent, yet uninspiring player.

12-16 on a competing list.

Your our draft guy, not feeling overly confident right now.

He is slow, small, fumbly and average decision maker. If he is going to be a decent player he hs a long, long way to go.

He is slow, small, fumbly and average decision maker. If he is going to be a decent player he hs a long, long way to go.

Bad take.

I'd have him in the top 3 on our list for quality forward 50 entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was one of the first games he fumbled. Laid 11 tackles and learned plenty playing on Jack Steele in the last. Funny our clearance work was back when he was in the middle. You people just want to find the negative in anything. He has played 2 years of footy in the last 4 and impacts our stoppages as much as LDU and has more impact than Simpkin. Imagine him in four years time, strong body, clean because he does the work, creating passages for Wardlaw, LDU, Sheezel and defensively accountable. Look forward and expect 25 per cent improvement in him. You all jizz about Ford and he’s the same age and impacts the game way less than this kid. And Ford has the benefit of full pre seasons. Get fair dinkum, ii’s really immature and quite pathetic to tee off on this kid. Get a life.

Today was one of the first games he fumbled. Laid 11 tackles and learned plenty playing on Jack Steele in the last. Funny our clearance work was back when he was in the middle. You people just want to find the negative in anything. He has played 2 years of footy in the last 4 and impacts our stoppages as much as LDU and has more impact than Simpkin. Imagine him in four years time, strong body, clean because he does the work, creating passages for Wardlaw, LDU, Sheezel and defensively accountable. Look forward and expect 25 per cent improvement in him. You all jizz about Ford and he’s the same age and impacts the game way less than this kid. And Ford has the benefit of full pre seasons. Get fair dinkum, ii’s really immature and quite pathetic to tee off on this kid. Get a life.

He has fumbled in almost every game.

Was good first half and unsurprisingly blew up in the last half. Still have his trajectory on par with Cunners, with the added caveat of the destroyed first 2 years of injury issues. Just needs an uninterupted run at it and we can see what he can deliver.

I thought he was incredible around the stoppages. I said in the other thread but he needs to build elite cardio to dominate around the ground and make his opponent work, especially because he's not quick. But if he can build that then he will be a really great player.

This. There's a reason our centre clearances were shit tonnes better and LDU could strut his stuff.

The only melting and over reactions are from those sticking up for Wil.
Glad to be proven wrong, we need quality footballers to get us off the arse end of the ladder.

Today was a good day we were in the game for four quarters.
There is no angst. I’m not currently a fan, and last time I checked that’s ok to have that opinion.

The only melting and over reactions are from those sticking up for Wil.
Glad to be proven wrong, we need quality footballers to get us off the arse end of the ladder.

Today was a good day we were in the game for four quarters.
There is no angst. I’m not currently a fan, and last time I checked that’s ok to have that opinion.

We agree on a lot brother but I'm definitely in the Will Phill Defense Troupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back