Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read a lot of premature opinions on Will. I reckon he has the ability to be a consistent top line midfielder in our team and this comp. Write him off already at your own peril. He might not be a ‘sexy’ looking footballer like an LDU but he possesses a lot of great attributes. Disposal, work ethic, composure, decision making. He missed a full year to glandular fever and is still very much in apprenticeship mode. I can’t believe some Nth supporters write him off so easily.

I read a lot of premature opinions on Will. I reckon he has the ability to be a consistent top line midfielder in our team and this comp. Write him off already at your own peril. He might not be a ‘sexy’ looking footballer like an LDU but he possesses a lot of great attributes. Disposal, work ethic, composure, decision making. He missed a full year to glandular fever and is still very much in apprenticeship mode. I can’t believe some Nth supporters write him off so easily.
Agreed. He will be a leader at our club and given a clean run at it and a couple of preseasons, who knows, a future captain.

The swans, pies and bomber games proved he’s up to the level. Just needs a full preseason.

He doesn’t even deserve half the crap opposition posters and critics give him. It always been fitness and glandular fever would screw anyone’s fitness. His stats with his fellow draftees stack up really well, which shows how Covid screwed with a lot of draftees in Will’s year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some absolute dog shit commentary in here.

Was out of form and given time to go and work on his craft in the twos. Injuries have bought him back in prematurely, and he goes out and has 11 tackles and is our Fifth highest m gained as an inside mid.

He’s not the problem.

LDU, himself and Shiels carry that midfield and then shiels goes off and it’s a different game.

Some absolute dog s**t commentary in here.

Was out of form and given time to go and work on his craft in the twos. Injuries have bought him back in prematurely, and he goes out and has 11 tackles and is our Fifth highest m gained as an inside mid.

He’s not the problem.

LDU, himself and Shiels carry that midfield and then shiels goes off and it’s a different game.

He’s still short and lacks a yard of pace.

The Saints are horrid. I keep hearing he’s ok , illness etc .

At what point do we expect him to deliver amd to what level should we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back