Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not particularly worried about him, like almost all of the kids, while we are strong in the VFL I do not mind them developing in the VFL as part of it. Confidence and that hunger for the taste of success is something I think they are seeking to institute into the group.
yeah agree, look at 96 when we had guys like Ross Smith playing in the Magoos flag, right before the big dance.....I think its very important to play a strong VFL team, teach the kids how to win and build confidence, even dare I say it play with a little arrogance. Goldy and Cunners playing some VFL clearly helps these kids development.

Remember when Jacobs was racking up 40 in the VFL and didn't get a look in. He'll be fine.
Food for thought, that was under Bard Scotts........Tsatas is yet to debut despite averaging 25 touches, 4 tackles and 5.8 clearances a game in the VFL. That puts him 3rd at Essendon VFL level behind Hobbs and Hind for disposals and clearances. Maybe he'd like to come and join his mates George and Harry?

Food for thought, that was under Bard Scotts........Tsatas is yet to debut despite averaging 25 touches, 4 tackles and 5.8 clearances a game in the VFL. That puts him 3rd at Essendon VFL level behind Hobbs and Hind for disposals and clearances. Maybe he'd like to come and join his mates George and Harry?
Prolly not a valid comparison as tsatas was injured like wardlaw was and is going through conditioning.

Okay, I'm getting a bit sick of this s**t. Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen. Will is not assessing his options. He is very, very happy with where he's at and very comfortable with what the coaches are asking of him. This is not speculation. This is the result of spending hours talking to the bloke.

Good to hear. Ill take your word for it.

I hope he plays 200+ games and captain the club

Prolly not a valid comparison as tsatas was injured like wardlaw was and is going through conditioning.
I know and hear you BUT no not like George. He was injured this season, played 8 games already, played all last season, and from memory got most of the pre-season in.

I’d go out on the limb and say Souve has been the stand out on field leader this season. His body language, hugely corrected, his commitment, endeavour on and off the field is second to none.
Yeah good call. He also hasn't cracked the shits and given up undisciplined 50 metre penalties or got himself into trouble with the MRO. It has been a decent turn around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't won a centre clearance count since he was dropped. Mad.
And you know what. The kid is such a team player and selfless that he supports his teammates and just gets on with it.

The worst thing Ratts has done was drop him and play other duds instead.

Thanks Ratts but move on. Bring the kid in next week and leave him there. The clearance stats the last 2 weeks have been atrocious.

And you know what. The kid is such a team player and selfless that he supports his teammates and just gets on with it.

The worst thing Ratts has done was drop him and play other duds instead.

Thanks Ratts but move on. Bring the kid in next week and leave him there. The clearance stats the last 2 weeks have been atrocious.
Yep. It's clear he plays the selfless role in the middle. Other people's games are worse without him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back