Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powells injury might come at a convenient time for WP. Hopefully now he can lock down his place in the side and not worry about JS.

Been an unideal start to the year but we’re playing the long game.
Build on his fitness and get some continuity.

There’s goals and personal benchmarks that he wants to hit and everyone believes that he will.
Hopefully he can just concentrate on his footy and all the extra noise will take care of itself.

There’s a sense of frustration that the list needs major work still, not only from a turnover perspective but a development view and it’s crazy that we’ve seen such high turnover in recent years and will continue to do so. The rebuild is still in its infancy and we really need to pump the brakes on expectation. The results we’re seeing from 2020 till now are indicative of a group of footballers who are nowhere near it. The worst in the comp. The ladder position says so.
I hate saying it because we’ve been in the wilderness for decades, but we need to be patient.
You don’t beg for a Liam Shiels to come out of retirement and take on Howe and Turner if you believe we’re okay.
I mean we could delist 10-11 blokes tomorrow and none would get picked up.

It’s actually bloody murder the state the list has been in the past 5 or so years and we as supporters need to forget about these lost years.
We just weren’t fair dinkum about our strategy and investing in our footy department and development. Hopefully now that’s changing.

This is year 1 guys.

This doesn’t make sense. We’ve turned over that many players since Brad Scott got the ass that to say this is year 1 while Rawlings still has a job is just mind numbing. Yet you could well be right.

Personally I reckon it can’t be that bad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This doesn’t make sense. We’ve turned over that many players since Brad Scott got the ass that to say this is year 1 while Rawlings still has a job is just mind numbing. Yet you could well be right.

Personally I reckon it can’t be that bad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Had the same concerns myself.

We need to ask ourselves this EH.
If you are 3, 4 or 5 years into a rebuild - do you beg for a Liam Shiels to come out of retirement and play for your club. Do you also relist a Turner and a Howe who are finished as AFL footballers? It’s Year 1.

The reality is can we even afford for Goldstein, Ziebell and Shiels to call it quits at the end of the year? Even Greenwood whose contract is up.
We’d arguably go backwards next year in that case.

Had the same concerns myself.

We need to ask ourselves this EH.
If you are 3, 4 or 5 years into a rebuild - do you beg for a Liam Shiels to come out of retirement and play for your club. Do you also relist a Turner and a Howe who are finished as AFL footballers? It’s Year 1.

The reality is can we even afford for Goldstein, Ziebell and Shiels to call it quits at the end of the year? Even Greenwood whose contract is up.
We’d arguably go backwards next year in that case.
Its why clarko was given 5, cause its year 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cunners with 6 handballs and a kick.

If he survives another week then it’s hard to justify why we aren't picking the 20 year old over the 31 year old.
Twice he’s been subbed because he’s failed at the one thing he’s known for.

It’s a ruthless decision, but he needs to be moved on from.

Provided he doesn’t chalk up KT numbers, he needs the next 4-6 weeks straight in the 1s or the 2s. Non negotiable. As mentioned already none of this one week in week out sh1t. Was Bard’s cardinal offence and look at how it roøted our development for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back