Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final - Hawthorn v Port Power, 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarkson said Spangher will go back and forward with Trengove
He played a similar role about a month ago - Harry Taylor in the H&A game against Geelong, perhaps? Did it very well.

What does that make him? Key Position Tagger? Defensive CHF? Let's keep it simple or the Commentators will explode... :D

He played a similar role about a month ago - Harry Taylor in the H&A game against Geelong, perhaps? Did it very well.

What does that make him? Key Position Tagger? Defensive CHF? Let's keep it simple or the Commentators will explode... :D
Yep, KPT. New role. Clarkson invented football.

Pressure early & its ours.

They play Home & Away Football & don't have a Finals cog to slip into. All year we conserved by corralling (had to due to injuries & suspensions) but we're now in Finals & our Physical Game will dominate.

8-goal lead half way through the last then the fittest team on Earth will strike with 3 'courageous goals'* to bring it back to a 5-goal win.

*They never give up, don't forget :rolleyes:
Absolutely. Brad Hill decides to get agro in finals and it's awesome. We do raise the physical side of things hugely in finals (most good clubs do I spose).

Really want to see a strong start from us,take some of their confidence away early.

Last edited:
Watching the game from home tonight as a dentist bill and the possibility of grand final tickets tomorrow has taken the budget this week. Will be watching nervously from home. I really love September - but my stress levels certainly take a battering. Nothing against Port - but I'd really love this one to be over by half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it before and will say it again.....

Last week's Port vs Freo game just seemed to oscillate between half-forward and half-back.

To beat Port we just need to be better at:
a. Running the ball out of defense, and,
b. Not bombing the ball long into F50 contests (keep possession and kick to advantage)

Strangely, I think that if we win this one, then we can beat Sydney.

Fingers, toes and all other appendages crossed.

Man enough to admit that I have butterflies in the stomach right now. I'm not usually one to wish that time would pass by quickly, but I wish it is 4:45pm already.

Gotta get the worm.

Photo+Jul+05,+10+05+22+AM.jpg

Unfortunately I am stuck out on site for this game. Will most likely miss the first half, hopefully be able to find a tv with channel 7 on it for the second half.

Such a strange feeling being away from Melbourne during finals footy

C'mon Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back