Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its game day finally!
Hawthorn Hawks
vs
The "Never tear up our scarves" mob or is it
"Never tear up our prison bars (guernseys)"

I would like it for Port to wear the prison bar magpie jumper and watch as Hawthorn break them open with run and demoralize there club.
Mainly because I did spend sometime in SA as kid in the eighties and at the time liked Port a little bit less then I like Essendon.

The best part about today is that both clubs have that something that clubs want. I am not sure what it is but it is something the makes it hard for the AFL to get things equal when things are equal.

Its game day finally!
Hawthorn Hawks
vs
The "Never tear up our scarves" mob or is it
"Never tear up our prison bars (guernseys)"

I would like it for Port to wear the prison bar magpie jumper and watch as Hawthorn break them open with run and demoralize there club.
Mainly because I did spend sometime in SA as kid in the eighties and at the time liked Port a little bit less then I like Essendon.

The best part about today is that both clubs have that something that clubs want. I am not sure what it is but it is something the makes it hard for the AFL to get things equal when things are equal.

I'm so hungover. And nervous that I've got a horrible concoction of beer and butterflies in my belly. That seems destined to end in one way, but can't wait to see our boys on the G! Smash em Hawks

Killing time on BigFooty before the game, I am somewhere between this:

loading.gif

and this:

Ec2TVI1.gif

I'm so hungover. And nervous that I've got a horrible concoction of beer and butterflies in my belly. That seems destined to end in one way, but can't wait to see our boys on the G! Smash em Hawks

Purge, Voldka, Panadol and for the nervous move Shaun Burgoyne on to the ball ( only if required ).

For those interested (and predicting a close game) there have been 13 PF's decided by less than 10 points since 1994:

1994 Geel v NM - 4 points
1996 Syd v Ess - 1 points
1997 Adel v WB - 2 points
1999 Carl v Ess - 1 point
2001 Ess v Haw - 9 points
2004 PA v St K - 6 points, BL v Geel - 9 points
2006 WC v Adel - 10 points
2007 Geel v Coll - 5 points
2009 St K v WB - 3 points
2011 Coll v Haw - 3 points
2012 Haw v Adel - 5 points
2013 Haw v Geel - 5 points

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a 5 or 6 goal win either way, we haven't seen two underwhelming PF's since 2010 (which is quite a gap)

hub and I just landed in melb..............so excited to be seeing our team. sure we are nervous............ it is an awful thing when we lose and have to trudge home................but we plan on winning don't we?
A lot of factors in our favour today...so yes we plan on winning...GO HAWKS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am fluctuating between nerves and dead calm, it is really odd.
Normally I am all nerves.

Been for the massage
All nimble and ready to go
Deadly calm, no butterflies

AND THAT WORRIES ME

Been for the massage

AND THAT WORRIES ME

Me too im hoping as the game gets closer will get the old butterflies and nerves

There is a very good reason why I've had an Adelaide media ban on myself all week. Unfortunately I broke it on Thursday & watched the ABC news to find out the teams. Silly me, they talked about the unchanged Port team & apart from the line "preliminary final with opponent Hawthorn" there was no mention whatsoever about us, the team we'd selected, whether or not Rioli was listed, nothing.

The Scott Morrison approach to information is not what I "pay my 8c a day for".

Apart from that, GO HAWKS!!! ALL THE WAY!!!
In relation to the Scott Morrison approach I say the news presenters
should be ......

De-ported....

(Sorry)

For those interested (and predicting a close game) there have been 13 PF's decided by less than 10 points since 1994:

1994 Geel v NM - 4 points
1996 Syd v Ess - 1 points
1997 Adel v WB - 2 points
1999 Carl v Ess - 1 point
2001 Ess v Haw - 9 points
2004 PA v St K - 6 points, BL v Geel - 9 points
2006 WC v Adel - 10 points
2007 Geel v Coll - 5 points
2009 St K v WB - 3 points
2011 Coll v Haw - 3 points
2012 Haw v Adel - 5 points
2013 Haw v Geel - 5 points

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a 5 or 6 goal win either way, we haven't seen two underwhelming PF's since 2010 (which is quite a gap)
Thanks for the info, The odds don't favour the team in the close prelim in that list though. DAMMIT. Mind you, the most recent example was in our favour, (but the example before that wasn't, back to "DAMMIT")

Been for the massage

AND THAT WORRIES ME

On the contrary, I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I'm that jittery a Valium would only keep me awake.

But I'm always like this on Preliminary Final Day.

Nerves are building in anticipation of what will be a tough game. Port are young and full of confidence after two big finals wins and won't go quietly like the Roos last night.

If we can absorb their early onslaught and put them under pressure like Freo did last week I think our fresher legs and harder bodies will get us home.

Let's go boys! Time to prove all the doubters wrong once again.

I hardly think people doubt you mate, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back