Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what if we don't win I'm right with the Hawks fans in hoping Sydney get belted. I can't stand that team. (I'm sure the fans are fine though)

I would personally love a 3rd crack at Sydney.

Mate I think 99% of Hawks fan would be the same. If we don't get up, I will be barracking hard for Port.

I know I've said this before, but if Port win on Saturday, then I hope they win the 2014 Premiership. Port may have had a mid season ''form slump'' but they have entered the finals series in good condition and have peaked at the right time of the year. Similar to Hawthorn of 2008.

I think the back line match ups will be:

Carlile vs Roughead
Trengove vs Hale
Hombsch vs Gunston
Jonas vs Breust
Pittard vs Rioli
Broadbent vs Puopolo

Do you reckon Spanger will play. For a rare ocassion over the last few years you will be entering a final with a backline that is a lot taller than the oppositions forward line.

Do you reckon Spanger will play. For a rare ocassion over the last few years you will be entering a final with a backline that is a lot taller than the oppositions forward line.

I think he's the out if Rioli gets up. If he doesn't then Spang stays in and maybe plays a defensive forward role.

This will be a sensational game of football. I've read comments from Hawks fans, suggesting that Port will get smashed, but this Port team never gives up, and I can't see it being more than 2-3 goals either way. In preliminary finals, it's always a case of which team takes their chances, and this will be no different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, you did say defensive FWD didnt you. Indicating Spang will play forward in a defensive role on one of our defenders? Or am I miss reading it?

argh sorry mate, didn't think that one through. I'm struggling to find a match up for the Spang unfortunately for him - hence thinking he'd be the one to go out for Rioli.

argh sorry mate, didn't think that one through. I'm struggling to find a match up for the Spang unfortunately for him - hence thinking he'd be the one to go out for Rioli.

No probs, I thought it would have been an odd matchup for Spang.

Is it Saturday yet......come on slow week, I cant wait.

I will see it as a positive for us if Rioli plays on Saturday. Coming straight into a prelim with little or no match fitness after 12 weeks, there is no way one could imagine he will have a big impact on the game. Taking these sort of risks with players in big finals has backfired time and time again.

I tell you what if we don't win I'm right with the Hawks fans in hoping Sydney get belted. I can't stand that team. (I'm sure the fans are fine though)

I would personally love a 3rd crack at Sydney.

The feeling is mutual. I hope the winner of our game goes on to win next week also.

I know I've said this before, but if Port win on Saturday, then I hope they win the 2014 Premiership. Port may have had a mid season ''form slump'' but they have entered the finals series in good condition and have peaked at the right time of the year. Similar to Hawthorn of 2008.

And also Sydney and Norf are both campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back