Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Young isn't one of the emergencies but if Jonas did pull out Jars would come in anyway. No surprises other than that.

Good to have you on side. What's the cause out of interest?
The VFL rules were changed this year to benefit AFL sides playing deep into the finals.

They can play whoever they want irrespective of Saturday evening's result, but they won't play Cyril if they lose.

Even if it's a reserve grade final, it means a hell of a lot to my club, so I'll be cheering for Port as if they were my own this weekend, as I have for the last two weeks.

Port Adelaide SANFL Grand Final squad v Norwood
Sunday 21 September, 2:40pm (ACST), Adelaide Oval
FB:
Nathan Krakouer, Tom Clurey, Sam Russell
HB: Campbell Heath, Lewis Stevenson, Karl Amon
C: Cameron Hitchcock, Steven Sumerton, Paul Stewart
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, Aaron Young, Daniel Flynn
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, John Butcher
Foll:
Mason Shaw, Sam Gray, Tom Logan
Interchange: Ben Newton, Jarman Impey, Kane Mitchell, Angus Bruggemann, Henry Slattery

In: John Butcher, Henry Slattery

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, ****en Butcher. :):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm a tad more confident with Sewell not being in for them.Suckling while a elite kick, is extremely suspect under pressure, with Chad, Neadey, Robbie buzzing around he can be prone to giving up goals and his defensive skills aren't that great if he lines up at half back.The whole Cyril thing reaks of arrogance to me, he's playing in the reserves game to be ready for next week? That's how I have read it, didn't a certain team say something about travel and 6 day breaks when we faced them last week? Quietly confident still maybe a touch more so.

I think you misread the artical there. :p

Our club said Rioli will only play in Sunday's VFL Grand Final IF Hawthorn beat Port.

I'm also glad that McEvoy's not playing. His ability to take intercept marks in defence makes him exactly the sort of player who usually catches us out. Ceglar and Hale, meh.
I agree, but was impressed by Ceglar in the match against us earlier this year. He looked dangerous taking marks across half forward. I don't think he's a complete spud.

Was hoping we might be wearing our away jumper for this match as I've got one of the ones with a players name (Boak) on it. I'll have to wear my usual with Lobbe's number 23. I've got home jumpers with Schulz's 28 and Neade's 32(although it was Butcher's number when I bought it) but they have the old sponsors of VIP and myATM on them.

He can only play if you win, which would be the plan wouldn't it?

He'll be playing for maybe 2 quarters in the magoos' GF if we win. That's hardly arrogant - you'd be a moron if you didn't take the chance to play a star into form for a potential GF appearance.

He'll be playing for maybe 2 quarters in the magoos' GF if we win. That's hardly arrogant - you'd be a moron if you didn't take the chance to play a star into form for a potential GF appearance.

You'll like morons if ya don't have a next week for him to play in.Just the way I read the selection but each to their own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so what you're saying is... Rioli isn't playing, right?
is a less than 100% Rioli better than any other player who is at 100%? if you were Clarko, what would you do?

so what you're saying is... Rioli isn't playing, right?
is a less than 100% Rioli better than any other player who is at 100%? if you were Clarko, what would you do?

Hard to throw numbers around, but a Rioli capable of 10 good mins is capable of winning a game.

I'm a tad more confident with Sewell not being in for them.Suckling while a elite kick, is extremely suspect under pressure, with Chad, Neadey, Robbie buzzing around he can be prone to giving up goals and his defensive skills aren't that great if he lines up at half back.The whole Cyril thing reaks of arrogance to me, he's playing in the reserves game to be ready for next week? That's how I have read it, didn't a certain team say something about travel and 6 day breaks when we faced them last week? Quietly confident still maybe a touch more so.

I read the Rioli thing the exact same way. Hope we hit em hard at the first bounce, would love to see us get the first couple!!

He can only play if you win, which would be the plan wouldn't it?
Sorry mate but your 'trying' way too hard to come up with things tHere. Cyril Rioli is a Hawthorn player and they'll do whatever they want with him so why don't you worry about the 22 that will be out there in the senior side.

Not sure what Aaron Young did wrong to be removed from emergency list. I thought he was the Magpies best on Sunday, and if we get a midfielder injured and progress to the granny, I would expect him to be next cab. Surely the experience of going to the MCG for a prelim and preparing with the team, even if he doesn't play, would be beneficial in helping him acclimatise and settle?

Playing Rioli against our running game would've been stupid. The Hawks have made the right call. They don't want to be hamstrung in rotations against a side that runs like we do. It has nothing to do with arrogance. The risks associated with playing Rioli given his fitness outweigh the positives.

Sorry mate but your 'trying' way too hard to come up with things tHere. Cyril Rioli is a Hawthorn player and they'll do whatever they want with him so why don't you worry about the 22 that will be out there in the senior side.
No its a legitimate question with the VFL qualification rules he can't play in the VFL GF Sunday if Hawthorn aren't in the AFL Grand Final? Your misreading the question that's what I'm asking, the 1st post was my opinion on him being named and how Fox League Teams explained it, and it's my opinion on what I read the 22 out there for your mob are great no doubt, but without Sewell is the bigger one for me for the reasons I wrote.

No its a legitimate question with the VFL qualification rules he can't play in the VFL GF Sunday if Hawthorn aren't in the AFL Grand Final? Your misreading the question that's what I'm asking, the 1st post was my opinion on him being named and how Fox League Teams explained it, and it's my opinion on what I read the 22 out there for your mob are great no doubt, but without Sewell is the bigger one for me for the reasons I wrote.
Sorry then mate, my bad, must've misread/understood your OP. No probs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back