Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan by an innings/10 wickets/300+ runs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Sydney (Sun-Thu)

It's dissapointing the kid wont be playing in Sydney however reading the report of a groin injury wer all know as football fans what a groin injury can do to the development of a young player.

Pakistan need to man manage him well and by resting have probably made the right call.... along with ditching Rauf.
Rauf is indirectly responsible for Aamer being injured.

Because he bowled absolute pump and their offie didnt look like taking a wicket it meant that they basically had to keep Aamer and Asif on the entire time. As soon as they went off any pressure disappeared and it was easy pickings for the Aussie batters.

Aamer bowled some long spells in Melbourne. An explosive young bowler shouldn't be bowling any more than 6-7 overs in a spell.

The toss was due now but light rain is falling again.

Gee, i'm enjoying this channel 9 love fest. :rolleyes:

That's the problem with rain delays, the commentators have to fill more time with lame small talk.

Looks like it's drizzling again so cue more lame small talk from Nicholas & Co.

Kasprowitz, Bichel, Muller, etc. You are giving tests to players that will never be world beaters. Going back to Gillespie who was past it, yeah he scored a 200 but lets be serious here he was poor with the ball for a while prior.

We scored 6 tons in the Ashes, our batting may have been below par on occassions but our inability to bowl well at Lords and at the Oval had as much to do with us losing the Ashes not to mention Cardiff!

As was pointed out, Muller played two Tests a long time ago....

Bichel was gone from the scene by 2003-4, and Kasper was gone after the 2005 Ashes. Hardly keeping the likes of the new quicks out of the team...and if you look at both Kasper and Bichel, they did pretty decent jobs as third quicks....

Even if you come back two years, with McGrath, Clark and warne, who would you drop? Unless you went to a true squad system and started rotating the bowlers for test matches, you can hardly expect anything but a bumpy run when you have retirements like the aussies have had.

The Ashes loss came to the bowlers not doing everything they could, and the bats not exploiting conditions when they needed to- plus, the english played well at the right times.

Winning every test series ad infinitum was never going to happen- just a question of how the new guys will slot in- if you go back to 1994-5, you'll see it took a few tests for McGrath to hit the mark....but with guys like Mcdermott and Flemming around, he had time to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently heavier rain falling now- the TV crowd are all off the pitch....gee, would be time for a pint at the bar if i was at the ground....

For the record im a big fan of Phil Hughes and he should be in the side anyway, but at the expense of Katich??? North and Hussey are far more shakey than the Katfish as far as long term futures go.

For the record im a big fan of Phil Hughes and he should be in the side anyway, but at the expense of Katich??? North and Hussey are far more shakey than the Katfish as far as long term futures go.

Katich has an injured elbow. Nothing to do with form.

Fair enough, but what do you do with the line up? Drop Watson down the order? Or slot Hughes in at 5 or 6?

Who would you drop- Hussey or North? I'd be tempted to drop Mr. Cricket and put hughes down the order....

unless youre part of an ethnic faction: you should be staying out of the sydney/ melbourne rivalry

Apparently heavier rain falling now- the TV crowd are all off the pitch....gee, would be time for a pint at the bar if i was at the ground....

melbourne's weather is epic fail when i was there for a weekend winter away

brissy's weather is not much better, why cricket australia schedules day/night games at the gabba towards the end of the cricket season is beyond me

Katich has an injured elbow. Nothing to do with form.
I know, im referring to titheadno1's post regarding hughes being in the side because of katich's injury.

melbourne's weather is epic fail when i was there for a weekend winter away

brissy's weather is not much better, why cricket australia schedules day/night games at the gabba towards the end of the cricket season is beyond me

Mmmmmm....your definition of the end of the cricket season and mine are quite different....Brisbane hosts ODIs in January, or at worst the first part of february- the season still has over a month to run.

My memory of Brisbane weather is fairly hevy rain in the afternoon during the summer- so you are really screwed either way on cricket- besides, would you want to be out in 40 degree heat all day, or have part of it as it cools down?

Rain is rain- you have to deal with it...I remember the test in melbourne a few years back where they lost most of the first session, but it hadn't rained in Melbourne for a week.

Unless you plan on splashing out on huge retractable roofs (probably not practical), you'll lose play just about in every city....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back