Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan by an innings/10 wickets/300+ runs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Sydney (Sun-Thu)

Lunch to be taken at 12:20

Play could resume at 1 PM- but will depend on inspection and weather.

Good ABC discussion on backyard cricket and Aussie test players

At least Fox Sports shows you old cricket highlights when there is a delay.

Poor stuff from 9 here.

Last word on the weather.Fact 1- Sydney gets heaps more rain than Melbourne. Fact- if the weather was like this in Melbourne Tony Greig would be heard moaning from 5 km away. i bet he doesn't say a word about Sydney weather.

Lunch to be taken at 12:20

Play could resume at 1 PM- but will depend on inspection and weather.

Good ABC discussion on backyard cricket and Aussie test players

the sound is always turned off when im watching channel 9's coverage, but theyve gone and made things worse with the idea of putting afl styled heartrate monitors and pedometers on players (les terrible!) :thumbsdown:

for those who dont know who steve cannane is, he used to be the host of triple j's "Hack" - the current affairs program, but ive come to despising triple j

Last word on the weather.Fact 1- Sydney gets heaps more rain than Melbourne. Fact- if the weather was like this in Melbourne Tony Greig would be heard moaning from 5 km away. i bet he doesn't say a word about Sydney weather.

of course it rains more in sydney than melbourne, but melbourne's weather is miserable, whereas sydney is bleak and gloomy instead

the radar:

IDR714.gif

it doesnt look to be raining. but the radar only tells you areas which have rained rather than predicting whether or not it will rain

if princess watson gets out cheaply lbw in the both innings and hughes piles on the runs it will throw another spanner in the works for the selectors. i actually think princess might do ok with the ball, his inswingers and outswingers on this green tinged wicket could be a handful.

Precisely. He carries on about Melbourne's weather like an old woman. Always great when Bill gives it to him, and he has no comeback for it. Geez this bloke is a flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes me wonder why 9 don't do more with their archives of footage, esp regarding DVDs.
Exactly, they used to bring out dvds of each summer in the 90s, really wished they did it in the 00s. They would rake in so much money from those summers. Even if they just showed it on tv it would be awesome. I'm sick of seeing the 80s and early 90s over and over.

Makes me wonder why 9 don't do more with their archives of footage, esp regarding DVDs.

back in the day and i mean way back in the day. during rain delays they use show a segment call. 5 great hundreds. fom the 80's aand a west indies tour in at the start fo the 90's and some great 100's in the 90's

During summer it does (not heaps though) but during winter Melbourne has much more rain. It comes out about even really. Melbourne is a bit more likely to have a sudden storm though imo.

if princess watson gets out cheaply lbw in the both innings and hughes piles on the runs it will throw another spanner in the works for the selectors. i actually think princess might do ok with the ball, his inswingers and outswingers on this green tinged wicket could be a handful.

Do you feel like a real hero calling him Princess Watson ? w***er.

So because of your hatred for a bloke, you'd ignore the fact that in his last six Test kocks, he has scored 96, 48, 89, 30, 93 and 120*?

Gee, I'm glad you don't even get a sniff of the selector's rooms....

So because of your hatred for a bloke, you'd ignore the fact that in his last six Test kocks, he has scored 96, 48, 89, 30, 93 and 120*?

Gee, I'm glad you don't even get a sniff of the selector's rooms....

Sure he a good player he's just a bit precious

back in the day and i mean way back in the day. during rain delays they use show a segment call. 5 great hundreds. fom the 80's aand a west indies tour in at the start fo the 90's and some great 100's in the 90's

I was glancing at the Glorious Summers - Celebrating 30 Years of Australian Cricket DVD in the shops this morning, and was surprised that it's only just over 2 hours long. I guess 9 are more likely to have the highlight packages (as shown on Fox) rather than the full footage of most matches covered (except for the recent matches).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back