Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

When are people going to call him a bad recruitment? Pick 6 and a big contract and he is completely average. Considering Treloar, Mitchell, Neale and Shiel have gone for less or similar recently we got robbed.

Disagree. Look at yesterday. He and Lambert were the only 2 that could get the pill in the middle. Cotch was gone in the 3rd and Dusty gave us nothing. He’s doing what he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. Look at yesterday. He and Lambert were the only 2 that could get the pill in the middle. Cotch was gone in the 3rd and Dusty gave us nothing. He’s doing what he can.

If it wasn't for Lambert, Edwards and Prestia yesterday we would have been killed. Thought Cotchin was far worse than Prestia yesterday.

Prestia was awful, I find it funny that people go by disposals and say he was not that bad and he was trying so what he got 33 disposals most of them we're junk and a lot of them we're turnovers or non kicks to advantage, he had same impact that he would of had with like 17 or 21 touches he has been bad pick up he's kicking is a lot worse than I thought it was before he came here Gold Coast made him look good.. so he can hang his hat on 1 good finals series in 2017 the rest he has been shite in 2018 shite in 2017 before the finals series shite.. So far in 2019 shite we paid like 700K a year for this guy. Josh Caddy has been way better value.

Contracted till end of 2021
Hope it was a front loaded contract and we can tip a bit on at the end of the year if Grigg retires.
Great to see him getting more of the ball again.

Why on earth would we give anyone more money in their current contract?

Prestia was awful, I find it funny that people go by disposals and say he was not that bad and he was trying so what he got 33 disposals most of them we're junk and a lot of them we're turnovers or non kicks to advantage, he had same impact that he would of had with like 17 or 21 touches he has been bad pick up he's kicking is a lot worse than I thought it was before he came here Gold Coast made him look good.. so he can hang his hat on 1 good finals series in 2017 the rest he has been shite in 2018 shite in 2017 before the finals series shite.. So far in 2019 shite we paid like 700K a year for this guy. Josh Caddy has been way better value.
Quite a few worse than Prestia yesterday.

Agreed that his disposal was ordinary to say the least, but at least he put his body there to get the ball. His disposal similar to Lambert's, granted Lambert was not number 6 in the draft, but at least they stopped GWS from doing what they liked. We need more inside mids to help as our fumbling and inability to move the ball with any system under pressure is what is missing at the moment.

We’re not counting disposals, but we are looking at the support around him and Lambo yesterday. At least he got his hands on it.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia starts off the season slowly and works into form and generally by seasons end he’s fully firing. He however is being pushed around more by the bigger mids and this is due to us lacking size in there.
Lynch on seven years is more of a concern for me.

Lol, **** me, if it wasn’t for Lynch right now, what would the forward line of looked like on Saturday?

We’re not counting disposals, but we are looking at the support around him and Lambo yesterday. At least he got his hands on it.

Yea we bit much bigger probs than Prestia right now , pleased he s getting his hands on it , will be cleaner than that

Lol, **** me, if it wasn’t for Lynch right now, what would the forward line of looked like on Saturday?

He could kick a hundred atm and it would make no difference. We’re getting flogged in the midfield and a four goal nine possession game isn’t helping our cause . If you hadn’t noticed we got done by eight goals on Saturday. No point having a million dollar pelican if you can’t beat the top sides. As I said seven years is my concern with him. I reckon we won’t see the best of him until we get our guts sorted out which is a year away at minimum. A stay home forward who can’t ruck is pretty useless in the modern era and I reckon Balta Miller CCJ and Moore offer more in their mobility and ruck skills. Our forwardline looks stagnant with him in it and the results are showing. Lynch is no Riewoldt simply bc he doesn’t bring other blokes into the game.
IMO He’s an old fashioned forward which doesn’t agree with our game plan. I would have put the coin into Shiels or Neale as 30-40 possessions of contested hard ball in the guts would easily get a return of more than four goals. Yep lol at your simple view on Lynch as our forward line with him has looked nothing short of terrible .

Last edited:
He could kick a hundred atm and it would make no difference. We’re getting flogged in the midfield and a four goal nine possession game isn’t helping our cause . If you hadn’t noticed we got done by eight goals on Saturday. No point having a million dollar pelican if you can’t beat the top sides. As I said seven years is my concern with him. I reckon we won’t see the best of him until we get our guts sorted out which is a year away at minimum. A stay home forward who can’t ruck is pretty useless in the modern era and I reckon Balta Miller CCJ and Moore offer more in their mobility and ruck skills. Our forwardline looks stagnant with him in it and the results are showing. Lynch is no Riewoldt simply bc he doesn’t bring other blokes into the game.
IMO He’s an old fashioned forward which doesn’t agree with our game plan. I would have put the coin into Shiels or Neale as 30-40 possessions of contested hard ball in the guts would easily get a return of more than four goals. Yep lol at your simple view on Lynch as our forward line with him has looked nothing short of terrible .

Sorry TI, but we lost Short in the first 10 minutes, Cotchin in the 3rd, and are already missing Caddy, Grigg, Jack, Rance, Grimes and Houli from Saturday. That’s 8 starting players down. We could have JC himself at FF and he wont be doing much better. Check out Butler and Costagnas stats. Rioli played his first decent game on Saturday. Martin, Butler, Costagna, Jack are all goaless YTD and we are 3 games in. The issue isn’t Lynch. We are missing too many other blokes to implement our game plan. It’s not simplistic, it’s just bigger picture stuff.

Sorry TI, but we lost Short in the first 10 minutes, Cotchin in the 3rd, and are already missing Caddy, Grigg, Jack, Rance, Grimes and Houli from Saturday. That’s 8 starting players down. We could have JC himself at FF and he wont be doing much better. Check out Butler and Costagnas stats. Rioli played his first decent game on Saturday. Martin, Butler, Costagna, Jack are all goaless YTD and we are 3 games in. The issue isn’t Lynch. We are missing too many other blokes to implement our game plan. It’s not simplistic, it’s just bigger picture stuff.

I addressed this and us injuries have hit us as well as poor form. However the Carlton game wasn’t impressive especially the Jack : Lynch show.
They way we’re travelling it reminds me of the near two decades of Richo where he kicked 800goals and we made finals once in that time. It was a useless period of time having a brilliant player basically waste away with no success and Lynch is no Richo.
I’m really more concerned about this bloke seeing out his 7 years as it’s a long time.

Last edited:
I have thought about that Ti however it’s no older style than what WC have spearheading their forward line. Even gws ran with 2 talls . Gws only shaded us in contested ball and clearances and i50 however we had no one else look like kicking a goal. Revamp the bloody forward line , forget about 2017 would be a good start. Bring in CCJ and change it up , as we re looking like a pop gun attack right now

While I agree with you our midfield is the problem and has been since late last year and again this year I don't agree with the Lynch part.He is a gun forward any top coach would fit him into his system simple as that if they can't well there not doing there job just look at the eagles setup.For me I'm not liking what I see from Dimma and his assistant's we look one dimensional and stuck in 2017.

I undressed this and us injuis have hit us as well s poor form. However the Carlton game wasn’t impressive especially the Jack : Lynch show.
They way we’re travelling it reminds me of the near two decades of Richo where he kicked 800goals and we made finals once in that time. It was a useless period of time having a brilliant player basically waste away with no success and Lynch is no Richo.
I’m really more concerned about this bloke seeing out his 7 years as it’s a long time.

Lynch has been getting better as each week progresses. Jack and Tom have played one game together. Not concerned at this stage. I’m more worried about what’s around him not firing currently.

Apart from Cotchin has any of our midfield actually turned up in season 2019?

Prestia has been terrible but so to has Martin, Lambert & Graham.

I have thought about that Ti however it’s no older style than what WC have spearheading their forward line. Even gws ran with 2 talls . Gws only shaded us in contested ball and clearances and i50 however we had no one else look like kicking a goal. Revamp the bloody forward line , forget about 2017 would be a good start. Bring in CCJ and change it up , as we re looking like a pop gun attack right now
I still think we need a gun midfielder as you take Cotchin and Martin out and we’re pretty small in there.

While I agree with you our midfield is the problem and has been since late last year and again this year I don't agree with the Lynch part.He is a gun forward any top coach would fit him into his system simple as that if they can't well there not doing there job just look at the eagles setup.For me I'm not liking what I see from Dimma and his assistant's we look one dimensional and stuck in 2017.
We have seven years to see how it pans out and I hope you’re right. I believe KDH has reverted to 2016 rather than 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back