Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Injured by half time šŸ˜‚
GIF by Team Coco

I understand why they want to turn him into the next best KPD.

but

I miss him as a fwd. he is the type of player larks desperately needs by his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good 4th quarter doesn't erase the bad first 3 quarters.

I want him to succeed so I'm happy to see him finish the game strongly, but let's not also ignore the fact that Brisbane had the cue in the rack.

I want him to succeed so I'm happy to see him finish the game strongly, but let's not also ignore the fact that Brisbane had the cue in the rack.

Like you said itā€™s his first game at AFL level in defence. Not everything is meant to start like a house on fire mate. Iā€™m very impressed by the signs and we must persist with him in the backline. Another year or two of training defensive nous and heā€™ll make it!

I wanted to see how quickly you'd be in this thread to bring the mood down and you exceeded even my expectations

I wanted to see how quickly you'd be in this thread to bring the mood down and you exceeded even my expectations
Your mood wasn't already at rock bottom after that game?

All at sea in the first half but brilliant in the second.

He has the perfect mix of agility, strength and campaigner to be a gun.

If heā€™s staying there long term we need to recruit a gun CHF to fill that chasm pronto!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back