Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been a good interceptor, but an average defender. He can work either end, with Dawson looking solid in his first year and Logue coming back, he doesn't need to be a defender.
I remember when this was Darcy Moore exactly. They’ve picked a perfect player for Chom to model himself on.

10000000% still a baby in key position terms. Wait until he is 25-26, he will be an animal.
I'm so thrilled for Chom.

You could see the talent in his first pre-season training, then the setbacks began and I wondered if he'd ever live up to the promise shown. You can see him improving game by game, can't wait to see how he'll be in a couple more years.

He's one of the big 3, others being larkey + xerri.

These 3 will get us into finals consistently and ensure we are in the game most of the time.

Bit late to the news, but holy shit, this is ****ing awesome!

We are so light for KPPs, so it's great to tuck him away for 2 more years. Having a great year.

You can just hear the excitement in his voice. Sounds so giddy, can't talk us up enough.

We are building folks, and this bloke will be a big part of it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we are desperate for a second tall to assist Larkey in our forward line, but this kid isn't the answer, he is the rock we can build our defensive unit around. He was brilliant today and getting better with every game he plays down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back