AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - The Best Caddy since Steve Williams - 6/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Cats 👍
Would have been a good Hawkins replacement but he’s all ours!!
High Five Cat GIF

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there was a passage of play in the third where De goey looked to burst away and he just got his handball off to Sidebottom before Caldwell wrapped Steele up. Holding the ball, free to Jye.
The chase on De Goey was Nate who seemed to come from nowhere to apply massive pressure to De Goey resulting in a turnover to us.
Big plays like that really gets you going knowing this kid is more than happy and capable to try to run someone down.

He has a aura about him that suggests superstar.

Not worried about goal kicking, his technique looks sound and the one he has been missing have largely been from reasonably high variance spots.

He also looked gassed from about the third quarter but am also not worried about that as he has shown his repeat efforts gut running throughout the match and its natural for year one.

Should never come out of the side from here on in.

Most young fwds who come into the game end up with goal kicking yips early when the technique that got them thru jnrs gets found out in the big time pressure. I noticed he's eyes dancing about on the runway, hope they can get to him before it becomes a thing because I don't see any huge flaws, it's just a mentality thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say.. reminds me of Curnow. Let's hope he can get to half of that level. (just read back to see others mentioned that too lol)
Yep it’s the right comparison and right the word is “rangy”

Almost looks too big for his body, long arms, super bouncy, runs right on top of the ground.

Gonna be a seriously awkward match up with a bit more size and endurance

Star potential. Much bigger impact than 1.3 and 12 possie game. Smart footy player and rattled the pies defense.

2-3 goals were a result of pies being caddy conscience. 2 or 3 players drawn to caddy and opening other options.

Love his x-factor and confidence. The pushing opposition away, helping team mates up. Describing 3rd game in front of 90,000 as fun. Lots of little mental indicators that demonstrates he knows he belongs and is a natural footy player with star potential.

Has a good, healthy dose of self confidence and looks like a real competitor. Born for the big games and big moments.

The modern day Dermie?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back