Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another short term plug.

We need to draft talented key defenders for the future rather than wasting our time with these fringe blokes every 12 months

This doesn't mean we won't be drafting a kpd, mutually exclusive.... just need the mature guys in to allow the draftees to develop and not rushing them in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Someone needs to tell Brady that 5x KPS (key position shitmen) does not = 1 good KPD.
Firstly, I suspect he knows.
Secondly, time will tell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of negative posters on here. FFS at least give the guy a go.
The negativity stems from the fact that we lack recognised key defenders on our list. A product of poor list management over the last number of years. McKay all but gone. Logue out injured for a large part of 2024 and Corr who is more suited in the third tall roll are arguably our only recognised key position players. Dawson is anything but recognised. If say McKay had stayed and Pink was being brought in as a back up, I dare say the negativity in this thread wouldn’t be as pronounced as it currently is. :stern look

My Eyes Pain GIF

I have now lost my innocence, thanks tazaa :thumbsdownv1:
1696727301766.jpeg

There you are...

The negativity stems from the fact that we lack recognised key defenders on our list. A product of poor list management over the last number of years. McKay all but gone. Logue out injured for a large part of 2024 and Corr who is more suited in the third tall roll are arguably our only recognised key position players. Dawson is anything but recognised. If say McKay had stayed and Pink was being brought in as a back up, I dare say the negativity in this thread wouldn’t be as pronounced as it currently is. :stern look
nah.

There's a certain amount of negativity here just for the sake of it. It would exist anyway. Even if we just signed Harris Andrews to replace McKay.

Its fair enough to a point given how shit we've been for so long.

Good defenders can be developed from lower comps. There is a list of AA defenders upthread from exactly that pathway and this guy is one of the best performed over the season in the SANFL. He doesn't look that much worse than McKay this season imo. Showed more urgency and commitment at the contest than MCKay (and some others) in his highlights.

If we have one big, ugly bastard who can compete a bit then we should be looking to build off that using intercepting defenders who can move the ball on quickly and effectively. That's the direction we want our backline to be going in.

Richmond plucked Tyler young out of the state leagues and played him all year.
Reckon Pink is a better player than him already.
We aren't going to stop at him either, expecting 3-4 new additions to the backline this year.
Stuff the naysayers

nah.

There's a certain amount of negativity here just for the sake of it. It would exist anyway. Even if we just signed Harris Andrews to replace McKay.

Its fair enough to a point given how s**t we've been for so long.

Good defenders can be developed from lower comps. There is a list of AA defenders upthread from exactly that pathway and this guy is one of the best performed over the season in the SANFL. He doesn't look that much worse than McKay this season imo. Showed more urgency and commitment at the contest than MCKay (and some others) in his highlights.

If we have one big, ugly bastard who can compete a bit then we should be looking to build off that using intercepting defenders who can move the ball on quickly and effectively. That's the direction we want our backline to be going in.
I'll give you nah. What part of "I dare say the negativity in this thread wouldn’t be as pronounced as it currently is." don't you comprehend? Did I say there wouldn't be no negativity? :stern look

The comp is littered with them.. guys that were picked up from lower leagues and or drafted with high picks!
Some of them the very best performed backmen in the league.
It’s a good move to give him a go !

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back