Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question; can you explain to me why you have dozens and dozens of posts having a go at Pink for his efforts in defense, but I literally can't find a single post of yours critical of Bigoa in defense, who looked much worse against much poorer forward lines?
Throw ccj into that paragraph.

Basically nostril dumb ass is a fanboy.

Has dumb luck written all over it but I'll take it.

Playing a 194cm key position player sub when Larkey is desperate for a running mate is close to as odd as it comes.

It's as though they didn't really want to play him.

If he competes and takes a big Defender- it will at least give us some structure up forward.
Even if he competes on a wing and brings it for the crumbing Mckerchers. Thats enough. Thats a 50/50 to advantage. Not being out marked. Im intrigued. Must persist

You did. He played today
How does that work

How can you play two games in a weekend 🤷🏼‍♂️

I thought this redhead guy playing in defense must have been some top up player from Ormond seconds and then I check number 32 and it says it's Toby pink

And then I thought oh s*** maybe he didn't play last night against St Kilda

All very confusing since when are you allowed to play two games at any level of competition 🤔

How does that work

How can you play two games in a weekend 🤷🏼‍♂️

I thought this redhead guy playing in defense must have been some top up player from Ormond seconds and then I check number 32 and it says it's Toby pink

And then I thought oh s*** maybe he didn't play last night against St Kilda

All very confusing since when are you allowed to gain at any level of competition 🤔
There must be a cut off rule. He only played a quarter yesterday arvo. Must be some clause that says they can back up so they can play at least a full game

I could have swore I saw him playing at Marvel stadium yesterday and I swear to god that I see him playing out there against Sandringham today 🤷🏼‍♂️

There must be a cut off rule. He only played a quarter yesterday arvo. Must be some clause that says they can back up so they can play at least a full game

Not sure there's any specific rule that says you can't play a full game at both levels in the same weekend but the fact that he only played a little more than a quarter and possibly less than 20 minutes on the ground yesterday meant that he was fresh enough to play VFL. The interesting thing was that he played in defence today which is a pretty strong indication that he won't play forward for a full game in the AFL next weekend. If that was even a possibility, then he would have played forward today.

Not sure there's any specific rule that says you can't play a full game at both levels in the same weekend but the fact that he only played a little more than a quarter and possibly less than 20 minutes on the ground yesterday meant that he was fresh enough to play VFL. The interesting thing was that he played in defence today which is a pretty strong indication that he won't play forward for a full game in the AFL next weekend. If that was even a possibility, then he would have played forward today.
Maybe they simply needed a defender?

At least he gave us some structure up forward and competed.

If he could replicate that week in week out, our forward line would be much better for it, until we can find a genuine 2nd forward to pair with Larkey.

I thought I read somewhere that Sydney recruited him as a forward?
Someone posted a pic of plugger giving him some coaching, not exactly a defence icon.

We don't do that. The VFL team plays entirely to the AFL team needs and in the same style. I would be very surprised if Pink is named in the forward line versus Gold Coast.

I wouldn't read into it that deeply, tbh.

From what I gather he played around 50-60% TOG in the VFL today*, so combined with coming on as the sub yesterday, my guess is the coaches wanted to make sure he got a 'full game' worth of run this weekend.

We'll see if he keeps his AFL spot I suppose.

* tbf I didn't watch the VFL today but saw someone else mention this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did more in 10mins forward than Sellers could do in 2 games.
Sellers is no good. Watched him in the VFL and that’s his level, struggled at times but that was also down to our delivery.

Last edited:
Might perform the Billy Frampton role…

So our recruiters cant even evaluate prospects who are right under their noses? Brady must be casting too big a shadow and leaving everyone in the dark.
It does scream desperation to help someone partner up with Larkey but yeh you can see the difference in say Sellers and then Caminiti and Sharman who can take a grab at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back