Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

we get pick 42 for a player we got with pick 53,
that's an 11 position upgrade for a player we got 131 games and 2 premierships out of :hearteyes:
Fridge is 8 years older and broken, we did alright with this

I knew we'd get screwed. Yeah in the grand scheme of things he's not worth band 3 pick 22 or so, but if Josh Battle is worth pick 8 then he most definitely is worth band 3.

That Is Unacceptable Bernie Sanders GIF by Election 2016

Secret spices.

We always seem to get nailed by the CFL.

I wonder how much they looked at our likely draft hand this year and thought ' can't let them get another good pick". Just reinforces my belief that they try to screw us over.
100% mate was literally thinking that to myself

You guys are funny

90% of you would have traded him for #42 every day of the week
didnt know he was valued so highly here

Go Well JGTW
Trade and FA Compensation are two different conversations though. Band 1 for Battle as a UFA and then Band 4 for Graham as a UFA. Battle contract is 2 years longer so that means that the money would have to be significantly larger than what Graham is being paid.

Pick 42 in a trade is fair but Band 4 in Compensation based on the picks being thrown out so far is not fair.

Some perspective though - I would much rather be a constantly screwed-over Tiges supporter, than a propped-up Cats, Saints or [insert other corruptly favoured club here] supporter.

The other club fans probably disagree.

Most clubs get support for a while, until they win a premiership. (Although NSW and Qld clubs will always get support, until AFL is genuinely major there. - too much money at stake). Some clubs just get support, and they love it.

So.....
Does unrestricted means that even if the contract we offered him was for 4 years at $900 000 (for example), he could have accepted 4 years at $400 000 at West Coast instead?
If so, then we theoretically could not have done anything to influence the compensation we receive.

Still feels like a wasted opportunity to work something else out.
We're all in support for paying a decent % of Daniel or Shai's salaries if it gives us a pick upgrade from 18 to 11, but we couldn't organise to pay $200 000 or so of Baker's contract so that West Coast offered an extra $200 000 on Graham's to shift the compo up by around 20 positions?

Whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about how he's rated; it's about the unfairness. Every other club gets overcompensated for the players they lose to free agency. But not us. Not Richmond. Ever.
Not true as we made out with the Vickery deal.
That's probably why we keep getting screwed in compensation now. Win one deal and pay for it forever after

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have done better.
how long you been a Tigs supporter,
AFL was always going to screw us in the deal, some more lube would have been nice but one gets used to the dry reaming :oops:

now lets move on and focus on how we get FOS and Lalor

how long you been a Tigs supporter,
AFL was always going to screw us in the deal, some more lube would have been nice but one gets used to the dry reaming :oops:

now lets move on and focus on how we get FOS and Lalor
Well I can tell you I have been a supporter long enough to see us flack up our early draft picks multiple time.
Let's just hope that's a thing of the past.
Not holding my breath though the way we are travelling ATM

we get pick 42 for a player we got with pick 53,
that's an 11 position upgrade for a player we got 131 games and 2 premierships out of :hearteyes:
Fridge is 8 years older and broken, we did alright with this
I mean by that logic shouldn't we be ok with pick 100 for Baker because we went from a Rookie draft to a National Draft pick?

I mean by that logic shouldn't we be ok with pick 100 for Baker because we went from a Rookie draft to a National Draft pick?
who says we wont get pick 100 for him, so far the first deal was way off the expected 25

No coincidence that when Richmond and especially Martin was so good was because Lambert and Graham were fully fit and did a power of work defensively from the half forward line to cover for Martin.

Mini and Blair know this, and Harley Reid is sure going to appreciate it. The contingency is fitness, he might be half a yard slower, but he is a running animal when fit, what Grimes said, never seen a footballer run themselves to exhaustion like him.

We did not need that so much any more, but WC might.
That’s a really good synopsis.
One I hadn’t considered and is a perfect fit

Must be in maccas drive through currently.
There's probably 40 cars behind him as he sits there reading the news.

"Welcome to McDonalds, what can I get for you?"

"Sir...?"

".........................Sir?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - MOVED TO WCE - PICK 42 Received

Remove this Banner Ad

Back