Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Weighing Up Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Because if you have a culture where the individuals put the club and team second, you can't have success. As a supporter, like most, putting the club first is my line in the sand.

Are you going to follow the player to another club? Or follow Richmond?
Both - there are plenty of circumstances that give rise to a good reason to leave, and I don't know the details of their experience, so I believe it is worth giving players benefit of the doubt, and wish success to them. Leaving isn't always putting the team second.

I am saying all contracts are two way agreements that are always subject to renegotiation over time.

You're clearly very set in your ways, but I will nonetheless elaborate by testing your boundaries

At what point is it appropriate for an employee to throw loyalty out of the window? An extreme example - if an employer treats an employee like s*** because they believe they have control over them because of the contract then is an employee entitled to not be loyal or try and change the situation?
This is irrelevant as it’s not what we did to Graham. I think Graham has been actually disrespectful to the RFC.

Both - there are plenty of circumstances that give rise to a good reason to leave, and I don't know the details of their experience, so I believe it is worth giving players benefit of the doubt, and wish success to them. Leaving isn't always putting the team second.
Often it is. Which supporters don't have to like. That's their choice.

Often it is. Which supporters don't have to like. That's their choice.
Sure, but not liking it doesn't mean you have to judge the bloke. You have no idea what being in his position is like.

If he has received in person the kind of criticism he gets on here, I would be fully supportive of him choosing to leave.

This is irrelevant as it’s not what we did to Graham. I think Graham has been actually disrespectful to the RFC.
You don't know for sure.

The bloke played through a significant shoulder injury to help get us to a grand final. It is fairly safe to assume that he has been far more respectful than disrespectful over the years.

He's done more to contribute to three flags than he has done to prevent other success

Sure, but not liking it doesn't mean you have to judge the bloke. You have no idea what being in his position is like.

If he has received in person the kind of criticism he gets on here, I would be fully supportive of him choosing to leave.
'his position' is being a average footballer who is injured often and highly payed.
Most Australians would love to be in his position

You don't know for sure.

The bloke played through a significant shoulder injury to help get us to a grand final. It is fairly safe to assume that he has been far more respectful than disrespectful over the years.

He's done more to contribute to three flags than he has done to prevent other success
He got that shoulder injury during the game and was never going to play the following week so he may have been instructed to leave it out there. We don’t know , but we do know that he tried to leave whilst contracted and then came crawling back. It’s looking like history could repeat itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jack Graham is so bad, then why from 2021 onwards has the team won more often when he has played than when he has missed?

Graham has one of the tidier with and without records in the team over the last 4 years, which includes periods with and without Lynch for all players.
If we won - it hasn't got much to do with JG

He's your role player, not your superstar that changes games. He will have a good game if everyone around him is having a great game.

What a load of crap as what's on that podcast is often more wrong than right. So some poster on a podcast says something and you sign off on it as being gospel? What absolute nonsense. It's not on the RFC website so in your own words it's not official. lol JGTI has BEEN OFFERED a deal dude so again you're talking shit. All you're doing is adding irrelevant information with no substance, let alone evidence of truth. All its doing is making you look stupid bc it's contradictory to what is unfolding. Again another bullshit story on that podcast as Tig71 told us all a month ago JGTI was GOING and he was 100% certain by the way he carried on. So how did the RFC FXXK UP as you were saying earlier ? You're just making shit up and bringing in crap to muddy the waters as it's all he said, she said flimsy bull shit.
Mate, seriously, no, we asked him to explore his options. We weren't banking on losing Baker, Bolton and Rioli. Club backtracked and then offered a greater offer to Graham. The club stuffed up. It's not that hard to understand. And it was Groc that discussed it. You're the one saying Graham is a mercenary. It couldn't be further from the truth. You're like a shot gun or a dude with diahrea. You just spray shit everywhere in every thread. It's honestly impressive how wrong you are in every thread.

Nah, we disrespected Graham telling him to look elsewhere earlier in the year. Guess what. He did.

In your wonderful world maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah the fans 'wonderful world'.

Average wages for fans whilst someone has the opportunity and priveledge of 1 in a 1,000,000 lifetimes to earn 5-10 x the living wage to play professional sport (no less for our club).

And the minute he wants to leave all the supporters are only allowed a positive opinion.

Nobody would try this on who doesn't know the player or isn't privileged.If you sign into probably the most scrutinised public industry in the country, it won't be all smooth sailing.

Last edited:
Mate, seriously, no, we asked him to explore his options. We weren't banking on losing Baker, Bolton and Rioli. Club backtracked and then offered a greater offer to Graham. The club stuffed up. It's not that hard to understand. And it was Groc that discussed it. You're the one saying Graham is a mercenary. It couldn't be further from the truth. You're like a shot gun or a dude with diahrea. You just spray shit everywhere in every thread. It's honestly impressive how wrong you are in every thread.
But we didn't offer him a deal after not offering him one at all. We originally offered one and then increased it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Weighing Up Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back