Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - T3 for HOs, T11 for clearances, T4 for tackles AFL-wide after 13 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer this movie and the scalps they took....

Brad Pitt Tarantino GIF

This guy even looks a little like X.

eli roth brad pitt gif GIF

Put a helmet on him and he is X!!!!

**** Tristan.

I was wedded to the idea of the deft skillful but less physical ruck.

I'm now trying to get my head around the concept of the deft skillful Viking bone crushing ruck.

That's his biggest achievement. Making me (yes me specifically) redefine my paradigms.
Pppfft its not like you have returned from going full nostra. 😉

Was never convinced due to his fry pan hands and poor ruck craft.

But he’s come on leaps and bounds and has improved out of sight, culminating in destroying an AA ruckman.

Tip of the cap.
Not to be repetitive, but I was notably shocked at the ground vs dogs when he took multiple contested marks. It's almost at the point where I am legitimately baffled at how much he has improved in so many facets in less than a year. Sports psychology?

Not to be repetitive, but I was notably shocked at the ground vs dogs when he took multiple contested marks. It's almost at the point where I am legitimately baffled at how much he has improved in so many facets in less than a year. Sports psychology?
Continuity and confidence. He spent the 2 previous years in and out of the team primarily due to small-medium term injuries.

The only thing he was missing was continuity, he just had a bad run with injuries. He was good in games, until he got hurt. I am happy for him. He is really good against the physical ruckmen as well, that was a major issue with Goldy is that he got pushed around a fair bit by them.

A physical ruck is absolutely vital in finals too. Someone that can take a big pack mark or kill off a last ditch effort could be the difference between a flag and not getting there. Xerri is building towards that.

Xerri's goal kicking is also extremely underrated. It's so effortless and straightforward that it helps him kick even the difficult ones. He genuinely kicks better than the best forwards in the comp which is laughably ridiculous.

Goldstein is the best player we've drafted in 25 years - I'd be happy if he ended up half as good.
Goldie would certainly be amongst the best of the previous generation, although I'd rate Cunnington and Petrie as his peers.

Some of our latest recruits might be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back