List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne will quickly move onto plans B and C after Dustin Martin advised the club he would be staying at Punt Rd, according to GM Football Cameron Joyce.

"We went right down to the wire on this one," he told The Herald Sun.

"We are talking about a potential Brownlow medallist, a multiple All-Australian, best-and-fairest winner and a superstar of the competition who was seriously considering coming to North Melbourne.

"That is the huge positive in this - he saw something in our club versus others that drew him to come to a decision very, very late in the year which has ultimately seen him stay at Richmond.

:$:$:$:$

Accepting mediocrity much?

We're happy because he SeRIoUsLy considered our club.

Mate if you were a club in a bush league thats a great answer.

If you're an afl club you've got bigger problems beyond recruiting a gun player

Keep in mind it's not in Carrs interest to offend Norf. Long after dusty has finished, he will be hoping to still deal with them as he is looking to increase his player stable.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on ya Tiger71 we all owe you a beer or 10! :D

Gotta be honest, I think at least some of this was more accurate than we give it credit for.

Let's not get stuck in too much with the blokes who more than likely had genuine mail like Philly, save your disdain for the flogs who talked shit but had absolutely NFI like Snake_bitch and Crotch_guru. ;)

Totally...it may just be my bias and that I don't want to believe he was nearly gone! I can live with that.
Never heard murmurs that he was gone (outside of BF) though. Only that he was either staying or it was 50/50, even after the huge offer.
But...we did up our offer (apparently) so maybe....
I still say Carr played it all like a game of chess.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back