Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Scott McMahon- Hives

has had a few niggles. Last year he had a buggered toe. Not much got said about it, we had enough bad injury press at the time, but he played through shit loads of pain. When asked whether or not he would miss footy because of it he said "I'd rather have it cut off!". True story, i heard it first hand.

All the best in the recovery. Loves his footy and loves the club. :thumbsu:

''But Saunders said McMahon was now "tracking well" after receiving a course of cortico steroids - unlike anabolic steroids, these are not banned performance-enhancing drugs - to reduce his joint inflammation.''

Damn, I was hoping he'd return as our 194cm, 100kgs centre half back.

Oh well, get well soon Scotty.

Whats the news on Loose, I for one think that he is a very important for our best defensive set up. But where is he I know he had hives but surely that was 3 weeks ago, I mean its not like he's lost a leg or something.

My favoured defensive line up

Scotty T - L Delaney - Loose
Spud - Narni - Wells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may have lost some weight as part of the treatment and may need time to recover fully or even a run in the VFL. Agree, very imprtant player for us. I've been saying it for a long time, unlike many here who wanted him dropped at stages last year.

He may have lost some weight as part of the treatment and may need time to recover fully or even a run in the VFL. Agree, very imprtant player for us. I've been saying it for a long time, unlike many here who wanted him dropped at stages last year.

Agree, reliable and very solid defensively. He would have lost weight and fitness for sure, so a VFL run wouldn't surprise.

For the OP, "hives" as the illness undersells the condition - like saying a tsunami is just a wave.

Agree, reliable and very solid defensively. He would have lost weight and fitness for sure, so a VFL run wouldn't surprise.

For the OP, "hives" as the illness undersells the condition - like saying a tsunami is just a wave.

Ta S31, got no idea about the effects.
Sounds worse than I had originally thought, lets hope he is on the mend as I believe we need him down back.

It's obviously a lot worse than hives. Heard on the grapevine it's more like chronic fatigue or glandular fever

It's obviously a lot worse than hives. Heard on the grapevine it's more like chronic fatigue or glandular fever

Ahh shit.:mad:

That could effectively stuff him up for the rest of the season.

If its chronic fatigue, thanks for coming. I had chronic fatigue years ago and was told it was because I had too much testosterone and it made me bleed easy. After 6 months of visiting all sorts of witch-doctors and the like, I finally got over it by tying a piece of bacon around my neck. Now I doubt Andrew Demetriou and his cronies with their greasy fangs will approve such a device to be worn on game-day, so hopefully it's not chronic fatigue for Scotty's sake.

If its chronic fatigue, thanks for coming. I had chronic fatigue years ago and was told it was because I had too much testosterone and it made me bleed easy. After 6 months of visiting all sorts of witch-doctors and the like, I finally got over it by tying a piece of bacon around my neck. Now I doubt Andrew Demetriou and his cronies with their greasy fangs will approve such a device to be worn on game-day, so hopefully it's not chronic fatigue for Scotty's sake.
Perhaps he will approve leaches?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back