Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have they changed tunes? Fox Footy weee the ones originally called Heeney to be banned? This is why “hate” is too soft of a word for how I feel about Fox Footy

They haven't (apart from Robbo), I never understood why you were fixated on Fox Footy as an organisation as if individual pundits don't have individual opinions.

Bucks and Brown were very firm on Monday night that he should be banned.

Garry Lyon is the only decent one that has positive words about us at Fox Footy. Does Jude Bolton still work there? I haven’t seen him. We can’t have a Swans man at Fox Footy now can we :)

Lyon was the only one On The Couch who wanted him banned! So not quite sure what angle you're going for.

Jude Bolton never worked for Fox, he's always been at 7.

I mean Gerard Healy has been on Fox for a year or two and think he used to run around in red & white mate..

Lyon was the only one On The Couch who wanted him banned! So not quite sure what angle you're going for.

Jude Bolton never worked for Fox, he's always been at 7.

I mean Gerard Healy has been on Fox for a year or two and think he used to run around in red & white mate..
Pretty sure Jude Bolton done ours and the Giants games for Fox Footy.

Gerard Healy is as old and cranky as me but

Pretty sure Jude Bolton done ours and the Giants games for Fox Footy.

Gerard Healy is as old and cranky as me but

No, he doesn't work for Fox and never has, he works for 7. Fox of course broadcast all 9 games as they always have done, which (currently) means the Channel 7 commentators are shown on games that are broadcast on Fox.

Need to go into this appeal full guns blazing. Challenge them fiercely on their definition of intentional using examples such as Hogan and Hewett. Provide multiple character references playing the Charlie Cameron good guy card. All were worse intentional acts that got off on minimal evidence.

Really can't see how he doesn't get off on precedence with a good lawyer. Even i feel like I'd be able to get him off with no legal expertise what so ever.
Because of the AFL's hilarious deviation from every other justice system in the world where they "will listen to evidence containing precedence, but won't consider it".

As far as I can tell they think it's an out for them to not look stupid when they suspend one player, but not another for exactly the same thing (as they have done numerous times)

Rubbish , Bucks and Brownie have positive
Brown has been a defender of academies and our drafting outside of it in the past, in response to people questioning any time we're going well. As you might expect from a Lions man, but it's nice to have someone fair minded on one of the bigger shows.

Garry Lyon is the only decent one that has positive words about us at Fox Footy. Does Jude Bolton still work there? I haven’t seen him. We can’t have a Swans man at Fox Footy now can we :)
Lyon almost burst open on Monday trying to implore thevAFL to enforce Heeney ban. Argued how concussing someone was not even considered because of the wording of the rule…which he got wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon almost burst open on Monday trying to implore thevAFL to enforce Heeney ban. Argued how concussing someone was not even considered because of the wording of the rule…which he got wrong.
Normally he’s good to us.

The matter should be taken to the High Court because you can't win against this Melbourne mob who run the AFL establishment.
The board should not be on gender. This is a mens game and fair decisions have to be made.
Some serious cases have been dealt with fines, but in this case he was severly penalised for a minor offence.
Heeny is the face of AFL. If he is banned, then Webster should be the face of AFL.

The matter should be taken to the High Court because you can't win against this Melbourne mob who run the AFL establishment.
The board should not be on gender. This is a mens game and fair decisions have to be made.
Some serious cases have been dealt with fines, but in this case he was severly penalised for a minor offence.
Heeny is the face of AFL. If he is banned, then Webster should be the face of AFL.

Suppose while its a important game you dont wanna drop 3 in a row its not like a distraction for a final/GF.

So fight it as much as you can

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back