Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
AFL AND AFLW TRIBUNALS/APPEALS BOARD
Tribunal Chair: Jeffrey Gleeson KC and Renee Enbom KC.
Tribunal Panel Members: Jordan Bannister, Michelle Dench, Darren Gaspar, Wayne Henwood, Jason Johnson, Stephen Jurica, Richard Loveridge, Stewart Loewe, Shannon McFerran, David Neitz, Talia Radan, Scott Stevens, Shane Wakelin, Paul Williams
Appeal Board Chairs: Murray Kellam KC, John Middleton
Appeal Board Panel Members: Wayne Henwood, Stephen Jurica, Richard Loveridge
AFL Tribunal Counsel: Sam Bird, Sally Flynn KC, Lisa Hannon KC, Nick Pane KC, Andrew Woods

Some heavy hitters in that group, including the Moose. Would they have him on this Panel?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tribunal has cocked this up badly.

Webster looks to have stumbled and unexpectedly lowered his head, when Heeney moved (hardly call it swinging) his hand back.

Clearly accidentally and careless at best.

Now can we borrow your lawyer and not have our bloke who was terrible?

AFL AND AFLW TRIBUNALS/APPEALS BOARD
Tribunal Chair: Jeffrey Gleeson KC and Renee Enbom KC.
Tribunal Panel Members: Jordan Bannister, Michelle Dench, Darren Gaspar, Wayne Henwood, Jason Johnson, Stephen Jurica, Richard Loveridge, Stewart Loewe, Shannon McFerran, David Neitz, Talia Radan, Scott Stevens, Shane Wakelin, Paul Williams
Appeal Board Chairs: Murray Kellam KC, John Middleton
Appeal Board Panel Members: Wayne Henwood, Stephen Jurica, Richard Loveridge
AFL Tribunal Counsel: Sam Bird, Sally Flynn KC, Lisa Hannon KC, Nick Pane KC, Andrew Woods
There you go...my point.

You reckon if he didn't draw blood he'd get off?

Which is part of the issue. A nose can bleed quite easily and the fact that once it stopped bleeding he was fine to keep playing and had no break should really discount the bleeding as any sort of issue.

Absoloutely. It's evident that the AFL only punishes players based on the result rather than the action itself.

Unless you concuss someone with a similar action as BZT did.

Absoloutely. It's evident that the AFL only punishes players based on the result rather than the action itself.
Yup. I'm pretty sure McLean copped a whack in the face when he took that mark on the behind line. (Did he hit the post with the kick?)

He was a little affected by it since he was sluggish to get up and take his kick. Good thing the Saints played didn't draw blood otherwise he'd be looking at a suspension himself??

The whole process stank from the get go. Trial by Fox Footy it was.
Ive never seen commentators get so giddy and leap at the opportunity to say a player is getting weeks for it than with Heeney. Usually they really go to bat for the player and say there wasn't much in it. With Heeney they didn't think twice and just blurted out, "oh wow he's 100% definitely going to be suspended and lose his Brownlow now!" Must have had money on Daicos.

It's absolutely appalling that commentators have so much influence and clout on the outcome of rules and suspensions. They always say to go easy on commentators, but no, they deserve all the dirt that's thrown at them. They have an influence on the game and strive to be 100% impartial and knowledgeable the rules. ****ing lazy assholes like Brian Taylor should be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive never seen commentators get so giddy and leap at the opportunity to say a player is getting weeks for it than with Heeney. Usually they really go to bat for the player and say there wasn't much in it. With Heeney they didn't think twice and just blurted out, "oh wow he's 100% definitely going to be suspended and lose his Brownlow now!" Must have had money on Daicos.

It's absolutely appalling that commentators have so much influence and clout on the outcome of rules and suspensions. They always say to go easy on commentators, but no, they deserve all the dirt that's thrown at them. They have an influence on the game and strive to be 100% impartial and knowledgeable the rules. ****ing lazy assholes like Brian Taylor should be sacked.
As I’ve been saying all along, Fox Footy hates us

As I’ve been saying all along, Fox Footy hates us

Apart from Buckley and Brown on OTC, Robbo last night, Jon Ralph who backed our challenge on OTC, etc. ...

Apart from Buckley and Brown on OTC, Robbo last night, Jon Ralph who backed our challenge on OTC, etc. ...

Found Montagna pretty reasonable too, David Kind is a plod but he always was a whiny person. I can't say I watch the Couch show take your word there. Slobbo changed his tune since Monday.

Need to go into this appeal full guns blazing. Challenge them fiercely on their definition of intentional using examples such as Hogan and Hewett. Provide multiple character references playing the Charlie Cameron good guy card. All were worse intentional acts that got off on minimal evidence.

Really can't see how he doesn't get off on precedence with a good lawyer. Even i feel like I'd be able to get him off with no legal expertise what so ever.

Why have they changed tunes? Fox Footy weee the ones originally called Heeney to be banned? This is why “hate” is too soft of a word for how I feel about Fox Footy

Garry Lyon is the only decent one that has positive words about us at Fox Footy. Does Jude Bolton still work there? I haven’t seen him. We can’t have a Swans man at Fox Footy now can we :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back