Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we appeal that decision and bring on a biomechanics bloke seriously
We won’t. We are a club that doesn’t have the gall. We barely fight our trade ban from memory. We’re too nice

It’s a farce.

Having said that - Buddy got let off several times for far more suspendable acts.

There are certain “untouchables” (Buddy, Cripps, Charlie Cameron among them).

Heeney isn’t one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a guy’s potential lifetime achievement, the highest individual accolade in the game, goes unfairly down the toilet just so he gets a 1 week rest ?
I don't want anything to do with any player whose potential lifetime achievement in a career is a Brownlow Medal.

And the highest individual accolade in the game is a best & fairest. He's got that in the bag providing he doesn't miss any more games.

North are probably super pissed off because now they have to face a pissed off Luke Parker who will come back in and lay bone crunching tackle after bone crunching tackle

Absolute farce, most laughable suspension ever...certain players wouldn't have even been cited.....but exactly as I said earlier, any other club would've been able to successfully argue that charge, ours however...... I mean Brisbane's were even able to get a bloke off using the good bloke defence, that's how bad ours are, we can't even successfully get a clearly farcical charge overturned.

I don't want anything to do with any player whose potential lifetime achievement in a career is a Brownlow Medal.

And the highest individual accolade in the game is a best & fairest. He's got that in the bag providing he doesn't miss any more games.
What a strange take.

Sorry but a Brownlow trumps a best and fairest every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Why can’t he have both and a premiership - all for 1 week rest ? I’m struggling C88, you gotta help me

So a guy’s potential lifetime achievement, the highest individual accolade in the game, goes unfairly down the toilet just so he gets a 1 week rest ?
Still in the running for the coaches MVP lets remember, a far more credible and accurate award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back