Autopsy 53 point win against GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

What's that traitor Anthony Rocca doing hanging around in the change rooms?

Waving a $5M cheque book. Throw him out!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow! That's a big call... I don't watch all the others, and when I do, it's not with the same intensity that I watch the Swans. So I'm in no position to agree or disagree, but I've really liked his (J Mac's) game this year!

I’m quite impressed, too, by another guy who often plays on the wing called Errol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny old game in some respects, but liked how we really put it to bed in the 3rd and 4th. Plenty of good performers out there again, and a lot to like. Continue to be quietly impressed by Jordan, continues to do good things - and Grundy and Adams are huge additions at the experienced end of things. Very happy to also see Melican continuing to play well (hope he is okay for next week), and Heeney continues to charge on doing things other footballers can only dream of.

Great crowd today too - was jammed at the top level in the Red Zone!

Massive thumbs down however to the absolute idiot traffic wardens and cops managing traffic coming out of the precinct however.

Was our first home game for the year, and amazed it has got worse than last year. There is no good spot to park for heading back South (will try the schools again next time I think), but took us more than an hour to get from EQ parking to Anzac Parade, in particular thanks (not) to an idiot cop that was randomly deciding to force cars in the right hand lanes at Lang Rd wanting to turn right to to turn left - and then have to go up and turn back around. Was not every car - just totally at random. Would be no issue if there was any decent ability to head east or south going that way, but there really isn't (except for joining the queue at the other end of the stadium). Absolutely moronic traffic 'management' if you can call it that, as it wasn't at all fixing the traffic issues, just making it worse.

Gave him a proper gobful haha that I usually reserve for the men in yellow in the ground - took us 30 minutes just to get back to the point by the time the traffic moved. Took us 4 1/2 hours to get back to Canberra, which was a very long trip by normal standards and made it a very long day.

Very frustrating. Good on you for making such a big journey to support the boys.

I just couldn’t have Errol in the votes today.

Got plenty of it in the 4th - when the game was won …. but I thought a few others were more integral to the victory.

same ... which is remarkable in itself ...
gulden's game today would be among the best in most other games, probably at most other clubs
but i'd have several ahead of him today ... which is a very good sign for the club

the commentary around mcdonald is reaching peak stupidity too.

All he gets is joe the goose stuff was the reply in the game thread but people froth over JUH. Mind you if he leaves people who bag him will get their knickers in a twist.

Not saying he is perfect or near any sort of stardom but he works hard, presents and shows a fair bit.

Same as Hayward doing defensive work and getting a few goals, some people just want every player to be Wayne Carey or Greg Williams
This was what people said about me Jenkins at the crows too. But the thing is they all count the same in the score board. I'd be delighted to have a forward with a knack for getting Joe the goose goals. It's the one type of shot that you have no doubt at all will turn into 6 points.

If Logan has a knack for 1 or 2 a game then we're looking at a 3 -5 goal a game forward. He has shown he has plenty of other ways to score, and the consistency with finding and executing them will build up over the years.

I made myself a note before the first preseason game (and injuries) of what I thought would be our best 23.
Three in the weekend team that I didn't choose three months ago:
Fox, Jordon, Roberts.
Three not there:
Parker, Rampe, Sheldrick.
Parker and Rampe will return for sure, though hopefully when 100% fit, but who they will replace is going to be a very tough call. Lloyd is already out of the backline. Perhaps Fox goes back forward and Rampe takes his place. 🤯 Just too hard.

Our build up was very patient.

Not many of our goals were on the run, most of them were mark and set shot.

Honestly outside of the pressure dropping off in the second think it was a very mature performance by us.
I thought so too. In the second they got on top in the clearances. They were bringing extra players up to the contest. Then when we got the ball they all flooded our forward line. At stoppages they had players free at the back & we did not even up. This is one reason our pressure dropped off. In the last half we did not allow an outnumber at stoppages & also got back in top in the centre bounces. We also managed to push our forwards up more. This allowed more room for one or two to drop back. It also allowed more room wide for the short pass and if a wide lead was ignored space had now opened in the middle.

I thought it a very mature performance from our players. The coaches reacted after the second & we then controlled the tempo.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great win against a somewhat bogey side

Flexed in the second half when we needed to

We need Rowy to be as dominant when the game starts as when it ends. Need better time management so hes always a beast in the mid and not drop off

Thought he was shaded by an accomplished beast but reckon he reduced Rowell’s usual influence.

Papley's core strength would have to be through the roof.
He doesn't look the type, but after seeing that it wouldn't surprise me if he was doing Pilates each morning before training.
Plumbing.
He digs up the local sewer pipe every Monday then re buries it Tuesday.

Last edited:
General play goals happen. Shape of the Sherrin and fallibility of human umpires make it a fact of life in our game.
Set shot goals are really a sign that you are being dismantled, beaten all the way up the park. Think we destroyed their morale yesterday and they, while battling on bravely, "accepted" defeat pretty early on.

General play goals happen. Shape of the Sherrin and fallibility of human umpires make it a fact of life in our game.
Set shot goals are really a sign that you are being dismantled, beaten all the way up the park. Think we destroyed their morale yesterday and they, while battling on bravely, "accepted" defeat pretty early on.

yes, we pretty much took control early, set the tone ... they were better in the second quarter but really, in effect, all they did was halt our momentum, it never really felt like they were getting on top
third quarter we re-established that we were by far the better team
i think our coaches deserve a nod too, for adapting during the game but also for working out how to really stifle the likes of rowell, anderson, humphrey, king et al ... not many of their top players had much influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back