Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

A few little things starting to not go all his own way. I'm sure he'll come out with a fire in the belly and burn.

He's been a little worked out and flat but thankfully it's July and not a bad time for a rest. Not ideal for him but maybe a blessing for the team.

He gets a rest now. I don't know if he would've got one otherwise. If we can't beat North without him then gee whiz.
Agree. It’s a disgrace as plenty have said but as you say if we can’t beat North we have no right to be thinking about the last Saturday in September and that’s said with the greatest respect to North and how they are playing. We need to get back on the horse and real quick before confidence starts to dissipate into some self doubt around how individuals go about their roles. We need to get that evenness in performance across the ground back and not go in to our shells playing any different to the game style that has served us so well this year. Fix some of the smaller basic stuff and get going again. Of course we lose and we will have plenty on here come out with its not panic stations, we are still a game clear blah blah. We lose a third on the trot and we are one more game closer to going into a real rut. Just get the points and it will do wonders for regaining our mojo going into the next 6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is our lawyer on $30hr

Probably one of the saddest things ive seen

If it’s $30 an hour we’ve hit ripped off

A donkey down the street could have provided a better argument

Realistically he wasn’t winning the Brownlow anyway

A) Chad and Errol would have stolen votes
B) Neale and Cripps would be close to ahead now and have no blokes to take votes off them

Sorry but a Brownlow trumps a best and fairest every day of the week and twice in Sundays. Why can’t he have both and a premiership - all for 1 week rest ? I’m struggling C88, you gotta help me
Speaking from my experience with footy players (one of my oldest mates played with multiple guys who won Brownlow Medals), when they say the perception of them within the four walls of the club is the most important thing to them, they aren't just regurgitating lines from the media department. How they're rated by their coaches is significantly more important than how they're rated by the umpires.

Anyone who doesn't fit this bill, as I said, I wouldn't want anything to do with. Because their priorities would clearly be ****ed.

Everything I have seen and read and heard about Isaac Heeney tells me he'd value a best and fairest in a premiership year more than a Brownlow Medal every day of the week.

Many, many champions of the game haven't won a Brownlow Medal. If they allowed that to bother them, they wouldn't be the champions they are.

This is not me saying the verdict is right, btw. I think it's horse shit. I just don't think it should matter.

Take the individual, club and everything out of the picture for a moment. Can anyone believe that action would have the potential to rule someone in ineligible for the Brownlow.

Now, bring the individual back in, this is Just ridiculous. The Vic media have done a hatchet job to Ensure an academy product doesn’t win the Brownlow. There is absolutely no way known Nick Daicos gets a week for that. AFL shame.

5 non Vic teams in the 8. I hope one of them wins the flag. To hell with Victoria. You expanded your comp and cry when a non Vic team does well including one you pissed off to NSW because you were broke as a league at the time. **** you!

Realistically you have no idea how the votes will go.

Sure but Issac would barely have got a vote since the bye. Won’t be shocked if Chad out polls him it’s actually the negative with having a cohesive midfield all playing well, they all will steal votes off each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back