AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested to see how this plays out by round 10.

I can see him being promoted into the top rotation in terms of midfield minutes if some of his team mates continue to butcher the ball.

Small sample size but he looks a more classy user by foot than anyone in our midfield other than Merrett.

Last edited:

I can see him being promoted into the top rotation in terms of midfield minutes of some of his team mates continue to butcher the ball.

Small sample size but he looks a more classy user by foot than anyone in our midfield other than Merrett.
Agree with this. If his form across the practice matches is reflective of how he plays generally, he's already a better mid than Parish.

I was surprised by the lack of excitement of nabbing this guy. Phil Davis may end up being a recruiter.

We have lots of holes in our list but we're starting to build a very useful midfield.

I can see him being promoted into the top rotation in terms of midfield minutes if some of his team mates continue to butcher the ball.

by foot AND hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is good.

Natural mid - quick and clean, hands in close are excellent. Runs well enough, decent speed and good tank so has an outside game.

Kicking is good - very uncomplicated action and appears to be dual sided based on a beautiful left foot pass to Tippa in the last quarter.

Still early but my first impression is that he is likely the most natural, well-rounded mid on our list. Not saying he is or will be the best, just that he has the most complete skill set.

I need Jason McCartney to stop being such a offended little bitch.

Bloke is a serious flog.

I need Jason McCartney to stop being such a offended little b*tch.

Bloke is a serious flog.
i hope Bruhn leaves. Don't care where he goes, it would just be funny.
Left picks on the table for Hately because he was offended. Whined about Caldwell.
Handed a gift in Green last year.

take the man out of North.....

I'm absolutely loving this guy.

I keep saying Simon Black --- it's the sharpness and cleanliness in close, and the fact his handballing seems to create the game for others. Like Black he is mid sized but hard. Will not be knocked off his path. Not a left footer - but otherwise I'm feeling it.

Also not ruling out a Jye Caldwell Brownlow.
I can't see Simon Black. Moves and kicks a bit more like Jimmy Bartel I reckon.

It doesn’t matter which foot he kicks with, the best way to tell the difference is if that foot has a fluoro orange boot on it, it’s not Caldwell.

I was also just highlighting that he's reasonably proficient on both sides, which is nice to have in our midfield for a once.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 6: Jye Caldwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back