6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

All we have to do is provide info to those neutrals and show them how important it is to get on board.

Ill get 5 from my family to become members
Another 5 from my cousins
Aother 10 from my mates

and including my self thats 21 memberships

I want to have Jonathon Brown's children, he's now my favourite man in the world.

Thanks for writing the letter Aliroo! :)

(Sorry, but I still think James Brayshaw's response was over simplistic - if we need that many members why has it taken a letter on the Footy Show now to get that message pushed, why hasn't the club made it a known target and started promoting itself as best it can etc)

I think that the Board has set the minimum criteria for us to remain in Victoria. Maybe this is a figure set by the Gemba report? It also allows the Board to move for a relocation if it isn't met i.e. blame the supporters.

Not quite true Roos4eva. We have lost a number of members due to the perception that we are going interstate. Now we have a target we should be able to get some of these back. But, you are right, in that we also need the new members. I have two acquaintances who have come on board to AFL but wouldn't commit to the NMFC because they wanted a Melbourne based team.

Yep, you're right, forgot to mention the lapsed members. These are the most important ones to sign up because they already have a reason as to why they have stopped being members. Hopefully this makes them realise we need them the most right now.

6,000 new members would bring in around $1m. The 5,000 additional attendees would need to be "pay at the gate" to generate another $1m. Therefore we (the Club) needs a two pronged attack.
1. to sell 6k more memberships, and
2. to attract an additional 5k through the gate to home games. These don't have to be North supporters.

I think that the Board has set the minimum criteria for us to remain in Victoria. Maybe this is a figure set by the Gemba report? It also allows the Board to move for a relocation if it isn't met i.e. blame the supporters.

Well then the Board should have the official website with a target figure, send letters to all past and present members and implore them to sign up of face a future in GC.

If this Board does not release what the official target is or get on the front foot via advertising to make in known what is required to stay in Melbourne, then l think it's safe to say that the Board is dealing with the AFL to relocate.:mad:

Is it correct that you guys have 5,000 members who were signed up in 2006 but not this year??

Surely they will be the main targets....

I managed to throw the tape in the vcr and this is what James Brayshaw said on The Footy Show tonight ...

'Now speaking of letters, Gary, I know they are the domain of Sam but I have received one too. It's from a lady called Alison Niven. I'm going to get serious here for a second.

Alison states in this letter I've got in front of me here, that she wishes the supporters, Thommo, of the Roos could be as proud of the board as they are of the players. Now, it's a long letter. I'm not going to go through it all here, but she says that she requires the board take the GC off the agenda. I'm reading here - 'Victorian and Melbourne members of the Kangaroos should be given another chance to show their true support for the club in 2008.' Now I am sick of this GC rubbish. Let me say this... No-one attached to the board of the Kangaroos wants to see this place go anywhere but, Alison, this is where it's at. North Melbourne has the second worst membership in the competitiion and the second worst attendance rate. Now, if North fans want to see this club stay put, you need to join as a member and you need to come and watch Thommo and his 21 mates play because THAT is what is going to lift this joint back to where it needs to be (applause).

I'm not going to take much longer with this but I'm going to give you some figures. If we can lift the membership by 6,000 in 2008 and if we can get 5,000 more fans to come to every home game, Gary, that means an extra $2million in the club's coffers and IF $2million jumps in - this club aint going anywhere (applause). So that is the challenge ahead. The message is simple - If you want the North Melbourne Footy Club to stay in Melbourne, you've got to join up and you've got to turn up.

And that, Alison, is the response to your letter you sent to me.'

Is it correct that you guys have 5,000 members who were signed up in 2006 but not this year??

They will be. This year we had a higher drop off rate than usual which many think was in reeponse to 10 years of relocation crap which was seemn as stronger with the GC.

This survival criteria gives us the target to aim for. The 6k member increase is achievable if the Club consistently runs this line. The additional 5k pay at the gate per home game is our challenge. If we can continue with the 07 form we should be half way there.

6,000 new members would bring in around $1m. The 5,000 additional attendees would need to be "pay at the gate" to generate another $1m. Therefore we (the Club) needs a two pronged attack.
1. to sell 6k more memberships, and
2. to attract an additional 5k through the gate to home games. These don't have to be North supporters.

A good fixture from the AFL would achieve this target easily. ie Friday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good fixture from the AFL would achieve this target easily. ie Friday nights.

And if the AFL puts its money where its mouth is in rewarding teams who finish high on the ladder with good scheduling, then this should be easily achievable.

Definitely.
Keep pushing that message, a prelim or Granny, maybe a Brownlow medallist - and a much better marketing and membership department.

We should shit 28K in.

I think marketing and the membership department do a pretty good job. What it actually needs is the current members to do a bit more in promoting the club so that membership can get the extra resources they may need to promote the club. If you ever get the chance to spend some time with the membership department on match day/weekend you would see how much they actually do and how exhausted they are at the end of it. Match day is a 9 hr day at the ground by the time the after match has finished and they arrive at the ground an hour before the players do.

It is said that we have the strongest fans to members conversion rate out there. So it may be fair to say that our 22,000 members this year are die hard North Melbourne supporters.

What if each membership was increased by $50. Thats already $1.1mil increase. I am sure we would all pay it without thinking twice.

I am all for signing my mother and sister up next year who have grown with North influence their whole lives but never been members, this is the time. With a successful 2007, we should pull in 4000 extra members on top of this years total, giving 26,000. Our gate attendance sould increase with on field success in '08.

JB needs to fire us up again all during the off season and especially before the 08 season. Advert compaigns and anti-GC slogans from the board...this will keep the fire burning which JB and Alison have started tonight.

:thumbsu:

Even so, we need the neutrals to jump on also.

The AFL would not want us to succeed, they would hesitate to give us a good draw:mad:

This club is about doing it the hard way and next year, we will get to that mark doing it the hard way. Show those ******s that we are the real deal!!!!!!

The AFL would not want us to succeed, they would hesitate to give us a good draw:mad:

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they the ones who opened their mouths last year and said that teams which have performed well and played attacking football would be rewarded with Friday night games the following year (ala the Bulldogs this year)?? Let's see if the AFL actually do treat ALL clubs equally! (Don't worry, I think I already know the answer to that one but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.:rolleyes:)

I was actually going to make you my target... what you say??? surely being an Adelaide fan you want to keep North in the comp... because if we die the 1998 flag loses some significance... imagine when your grandson says who the hell was North Melbourne... a bit like who cares who beat University back in 1903...

so what you reckon... can I put you down for one??? :D:D

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they the ones who opened their mouths last year and said that teams which have performed well and played attacking football would be rewarded with Friday night games the following year (ala the Bulldogs this year)?? Let's see if the AFL actually do treat ALL clubs equally! (Don't worry, I think I already know the answer to that one but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.:rolleyes:)

this is bullshit it is like accepting politicians lie... absolute bullshit... we should be demanding our right to host friday night games after the year we have had... :D:D demanding I say...

What about if we were to give another game to the GC for 3 home and 1 away game in total a year....wait hear me out....

Thats another $400K in the front pocket.

But the AFL agree to three Friday nights, and Good Friday.

With a little influx of new members next year I think $2mil is very achievable...even without an ideal draw.

this is bullshit it is like accepting politicians lie... absolute bullshit... we should be demanding our right to host friday night games after the year we have had... :D:D demanding I say...

Absolutely agree with you Rooboy 96! Friday night games are our RIGHT! Let's see the AFL deliver on that one!

Remove this Banner Ad

6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back