AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else get Ryan Griffin vibes with Zac Merrett?
I think he is a wonderful player but he has three years of a contract left.
He has not really been able to help us achieve team success in his time here and has had some prickly times at the club.
I know I am in the minority but I believe he should be held to his contract and if he isn’t 100% happy with that then goodbye Zac.
I still believe his camp are leaking stories to the press.

Does anyone else get Ryan Griffin vibes with Zac Merrett?
I think he is a wonderful player but he has three years of a contract left.
He has not really been able to help us achieve team success in his time here and has had some prickly times at the club.
I know I am in the minority but I believe he should be held to his contract and if he isn’t 100% happy with that then goodbye Zac.
I still believe his camp are leaking stories to the press.
No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite bit was when he said he had to take into consideration his new child when thinking about the St Kilda offer....as he hopped into his $400k Lamborghini Urus.......:cool:
Do we know that he actually owns it, or is it a loan? Not bad product placement if that’s what it was…

In any case life changing money is life changing money, and small business ventures aside, I don’t know that Zach has many other skills outside of footy and cricket. Has anyone ever heard of him studying or doing part time work? Perhaps his path is coaching or some sort of strategist role post-football :think:

Do we know that he actually owns it, or is it a loan? Not bad product placement if that’s what it was…

In any case life changing money is life changing money, and small business ventures aside, I don’t know that Zach has many other skills outside of footy and cricket. Has anyone ever heard of him studying or doing part time work? Perhaps his path is coaching or some sort of strategist role post-football :think:
I am assuming a little its the Dutton automotive sponsorship related. So probably on loan.

I did see Tom Morris indicate the money the Saints were offering on twitter was somewhere in the range of 1,5m I think. If that is even close to being accurate I think he would be foolish to not at least talk it over with those close to him over dismiss it completely.

I am assuming a little its the Dutton automotive sponsorship related. So probably on loan.

I did see Tom Morris indicate the money the Saints were offering on twitter was somewhere in the range of 1,5m I think. If that is even close to being accurate I think he would be foolish to not at least talk it over with those close to him over dismiss it completely.
I suspect he is leasing it on a pretty good deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back