AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

You know how every time Shiel returns from injury it takes him a while to get back to form? I wonder if that's simply happened again, but it's taken longer due to being a barely used sub and the bye round for both VFL and AFL.
This is just a personal feel and possibly way off the mark but I feel like both the club and he knows he won't be here next season so there's no point playing him as he's not part of the future.

This is just a personal feel and possibly way off the mark but I feel like both the club and he knows he won't be here next season so there's no point playing him as he's not part of the future.

I've assumed it's this, he appears fully fit, is jogging around in the VFL doing enough to help the kids but not really working too hard, and seems in no danger of being selected in the AFL.

Yeah I agree to an extent, but one thing that historically hasn't been questioned is Dylan's professionalism. If he goes back to the form of the past month you're on the money. If his form of Saturday continues but he is on the outer then he drives up his value for his next contract and for us from a trade perspective.

Yeah I agree to an extent, but one thing that historically hasn't been questioned is Dylan's professionalism. If he goes back to the form of the past month you're on the money. If his form of Saturday continues but he is on the outer then he drives up his value for his next contract and for us from a trade perspective.
I think any driving up of his trade value will be minimal considering we tried to part ways last year and everybody knows it. I think his value now is greater in the vfl than in the ones.

I think any driving up of his trade value will be minimal considering we tried to part ways last year and everybody knows it. I think his value now is greater in the vfl than in the ones.
True, I'd forgotten we tried to divorce last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will.

In the vfl.

I think he’s half a chance for the ones this week. He actually looked like he gave a s**t on the weekend.

I agree it seems like he won’t be here next year so there’s little point playing him, but he was sub against North and has been emergency a few times when his form probably didn’t permit him to be, so I think the coaches might still be tempted.

I was also certain Setters would play against Geelong though, so shows how much I know :drunk:

I think he’s half a chance for the ones this week. He actually looked like he gave a s**t on the weekend.

I agree it seems like he won’t be here next year so there’s little point playing him, but he was sub against North and has been emergency a few times when his form probably didn’t permit him to be, so I think the coaches might still be tempted.

I was also certain Setters would play against Geelong though, so shows how much I know :drunk:
Agreed, he actually attacked the ball rather than just jogging and was our best. You have to reward form when it presents.

Setters should have absolutely played as he opens the door for Merrett to be more damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back