Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you imagine next week, hawks thinking about how they are going to stop simpkins clearance work? Lmacs drive out of defence? Teakles aerial capabilities in the forward line?

LDU was ordinary today, but was about the only bloke that could have made us competitive. We rely too much on too few.
To be fair, Teakle is averaging something like 2 contested marks a game which - league wide - is above average and for our team, phenomenal.

Needs 37 touches to equal Bell’s club record for a season.

Will likely pip Harry for 2nd most in a season by a Roo.
The standard that’s expected of this bloke isn’t achievable.

If he’s not having 30 and kicking 3, he’s useless.

The standard that’s expected of this bloke isn’t achievable.

If he’s not having 30 and kicking 3, he’s useless.
29 d, 8 c, 8 i50, 5 t, 1 g = trade to the aints for pick 6.

If the ball exits the stoppage on the opposite side of Luke = defensively inept

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would he stay? People can come on here and pot him all they like. If I was him and his manager I would be looking for a way out.

Absolute disaster and if we lose him only gets worse.

Why would he stay? People can come on here and pot him all they like. If I was him and his manager I would be looking for a way out.

I’ve said it before, but if the he walks out, the club should be wound up.

These players do themselves absolutely zero favours holding out on signing to up their value as high as possible before the season is over to gain leverage. 9/10 times this never translates into playing better in fact its worse.

But the club hands out these long contracts because it knows if any of these players walked we’d be ****ed. Even the ones who don’t deserve (WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE COUGH ZURHAAR) — You should’ve signed weeks ago Luke, and if you walk now the club gets kneecapped further.

So where’s the sword of Damocles landing here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These players do themselves absolutely zero favours holding out on signing to up their value as high as possible before the season is over to gain leverage. 9/10 times this never translates into playing better in fact its worse.

But the club hands out these long contracts because it knows if any of these players walked we’d be ****ed. Even the ones who don’t deserve (WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE COUGH ZURHAAR) — You should’ve signed weeks ago Luke, and if you walk now the club gets kneecapped further.

So where’s the sword of Damocles landing here.
His contract is until the end of next year.

With Thomas flopping we simply cannot afford for this guy to walk.
He must be kept at all costs if this miserable club is going to ever become competitive again.

Pray he sticks around.

Yep. That loss doesn’t help and surely makes him think, “can I get to Hawthorn as a Restricted Free Agent for 2026 and play for the team I BFAAK?”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will ask for a trade in the coming weeks.

Can’t really blame him,
Lets hope not because the set back would be massive. These dynamic burst players dont grow on trees.

That said if its going to happen, then its not the end of the world either. Saints who were reported into be chasing could have two of 5/6/7 and if FA the following year we'll likely have 2 top 4 picks.

Counting down the days till we see the back of him. can’t wait tbh
“Counting down the days until we see the back of one of the best players that’s walked through the club doors in yearsss”

…gosh we’re a whiney bunch when things aren’t going our way. Can’t blame players for wanting to leave with such a sulky & unappreciative supporter base.

“Counting down the days until we see the back of one of the best players that’s walked through the club doors in yearsss”

…gosh we’re a whiney bunch when things aren’t going our way. Can’t blame players for wanting to leave with such a sulky & unappreciative supporter base.
Oh hi & get f’d …
Unappreciative?
What has there been anything to be appreciative about tool ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back