Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

will2.jpg

Will Hayward
Spritely Sydney Swans forward Will Hayward enjoyed a rocketing start to his career as he became the 11th-youngest player in the AFL era to reach 50 career goals in 2018. The 2016 draftee’s nippy pace and cunning goal awareness have made him a dangerous option in coach John Longmire’s forward line. A broken jaw and a persistent hip injury limited Hayward to just 12 goals in 13 senior games in 2019, but the South Australian is attacking the 2020 campaign on the back of his first full pre-season. Don’t be surprised if the exciting Swan finds himself on a wing this year.

Will Hayward
DOB: 26 October 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #21, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Walkerville (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like mateship and (hopefully) sharing flags together are helping us keep this talented young list together… we know Wilbur was great mates with Ollie… and quietly confident on both Logan and Chad as they are very tight with Errol and the other youngsters.
Just checked the list - we have around 22 very good / excellent players 28 or under… our next 5 years are gonna be exciting 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I wouldn't panic just yet. We were fishing for a big one that we didn't land so it might turn out that the war chest gets spent on retention. IMO that would be no bad thing.

with the core group we have now, i think retention must be the priority of club management ... i don't want us throwing big money at some "big name" just because someone's available

with the core group we have now, i think retention must be the priority of club management ... i don't want us throwing big money at some "big name" just because someone's available

My only concern is that in 2 years we might have no Rampe or McCartin.

My only concern is that in 2 years we might have no Rampe or McCartin.
I've had that thought many, many times over different players in my 20+ years glued to this team and each time they've pulled a rabbit out of the hat and filled the "unfillable" gap.
Have faith, the powers that be at the club would have plans in place.

Will seems like exactly the kind of guy who would get flown to Melbourne, wined and dined by another club with absolutely no intention of going there just for a few laughs.

ha, yeah ... and maybe trying to film it on the sly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"My heart was always in Sydney"

How anyone could see this and still be disappointed is beyond my comprehension.

He seems like a really dedicated guy but also knows that it’s a bit of fun, too.

The way he described the club as family and his love for NSW/Sydney was wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the chemistry between players & opportunity for a dynasty has played a big factor for a few players re-signing with us. Love it.
It's come across quite strong in the language players have used when re-signing... I'm sure that's the view of the entire playing group... would take something significant for mcdonald and Warner to consider going elsewhere... everyone can see the opportunity with this young group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back