A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be interesting to know if there are any rules in place to prevent a club from paying hundreds of thousands to another club to loan a player whilst the original club continues to pay his wages.

Very good point. Esp with salary cap issues. Is it possible for Benfica to still be paying his wages (or a portionof) while he is on loan here? Surely the rules in place would consider such deals...

Ladder looks about right AW, I would say Wellington and Newcastle will fight out the last spot in the 4, with CC a chance too. At this stage the Victory look unstoppable but anything can happen, as has already been mentioned. Im just hoping for a good season as the profile of the league continues to grow.

Comedy gold from Gets! there. :cool:

Back to ins and outs, and Sydney FC signed the former Sydney United striker Brendan Santalab today, but may lose David Carney to Sheffield Wednesday.

Yeah Gets mate I know you mean well but cmon you cant honestly think that the Victory will be there at years end. But by the way everyone is tipping the general thought is that Perth and Queensland will struggle, which might mean no second Queensland team in the near future.

What will Victorys starting 11 look like? . Will the play a 4-4-2 formation might go for a 4-3-1-2 I think

--------------Theoklitos----------------

-------Leijer---Milicevic---Vargas

Kemp---------------------------Keenan

-----------Muscat---Brebner-----------

--------------Hernandez---------------

-----------Allsopp---Thompson---------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it wont be 5 2 1 2
it should be

----------Milicevic---Vargas------------

-------Muscat---Brebner---Caceres------

---------Allsopp---Thompson---------

Bingo. Ljubo will be playing a bit in midfield this year too, I imagine.

Having guys like Pantelidis, Piorkowski, Patafta and Broxham on the bench is wonderful too. We're nearly at the stage where we have two good players for every position. Just need to sign another striker and we're set.

Bingo. Ljubo will be playing a bit in midfield this year too, I imagine.

Having guys like Pantelidis, Piorkowski, Patafta and Broxham on the bench is wonderful too. We're nearly at the stage where we have two good players for every position. Just need to sign another striker and we're set.
dont forget Caceres

On paper we look to have a better squad than last year but it remains to be seen whether we can replicate what we did last season.

Aside from another striker we could probably do with a bit more width in the squad as well.

We'll be expecting Kemp and Keenan to get forward and deliver a lot of crosses into the box with Muscat and Brebner providing the cover should they get caught out of position.

However Caceres and Berger seem to be the only two natural wide midfielders we have.

On paper we look to have a better squad than last year but it remains to be seen whether we can replicate what we did last season.

Aside from another striker we could probably do with a bit more width in the squad as well.

We'll be expecting Kemp and Keenan to get forward and deliver a lot of crosses into the box with Muscat and Brebner providing the cover should they get caught out of position.

However Caceres and Berger seem to be the only two natural wide midfielders we have.

Indeed, I think Keenan and Kemp will play as wingbacks and push up a lot. I think its a case of getting the formation to fit the team rather than vice versa. Due to the salary cap we can't be strong in ALL areas (though we come damn close mind you! :thumbsu:) so we must play to our strengths, which is a hard as f*** central midfield and defence anchored by Muscat and LjubMobile, with Hernandez as the classy playmaker who can crack a shot from 30m out. :D

Damn we're good! :p

Kemp is a very good winger.

Need you be reminded of him skinning Caceres in round 15 and hitting Rech on the bonce for them to equalise.

One of our only highlights of the year against you guys, and neither of them are going to be pulling on the United shirt this season :(

One of our only highlights of the year against you guys, and neither of them are going to be pulling on the United shirt this season :(

I think i can understand where you are coming from in relation to your sad face.

I reckon you guys will be better for getting rid of Aloisi, Fernando and that chinese fella.

Sarkies, Agostino, the guy from NZ knights from Ivory Coast. That new Brazilian as well, you'll be alright, get rid of the old crap and the news ones are better

Spase Dilevski is reportedly off to Universitatea Craiova in Romania for a fee of around €550,000.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back