A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

So he's a quality player, he just can't get on the pitch all too often? Gee, Perth really are bringing in the big guns right now...:rolleyes:

I don't know how I feel about Fowler signing for Sydney. I love the great man and his profile would be a boost to the league, but he'd be playing for the scum and to be honest, Fowler's waaaay past his best.[/QUOTE]

He'd be the best player in our league.

So he's a quality player, he just can't get on the pitch all too often? Gee, Perth really are bringing in the big guns right now...:rolleyes:

I don't know how I feel about Fowler signing for Sydney. I love the great man and his profile would be a boost to the league, but he'd be playing for the scum and to be honest, Fowler's waaaay past his best.[/QUOTE]

no he wouldnt - fact - why - coz I said so

Sydney looking pretty dire for next season if Carney joins the exodus. How about signing a decent striker or attacking midfielder. Zdrillic, Brosque, 40yo Corica. Strikes fear into the opposition that trio.

Sydney looking pretty dire for next season if Carney joins the exodus. How about signing a decent striker or attacking midfielder. Zdrillic, Brosque, 40yo Corica. Strikes fear into the opposition that trio.

chances are low, but if they somehow get fowler it'd be a not bad forward line. Brosque will be ok eventually

C'mon man, get serious. Fowler can barely run anymore and he's extremely injury prone. Sure he'd still have some good touch and will undoubtedly have the odd flash of patented God brilliance, but to say he'd be the best player in the league is a massive overstatement. Archie Thompson would definitely be a better player than what Fowler is right now.

I accept that players like Fowler are important because they boost the league's profile, but you still want players that can get out there regularly. Cocu or Aloisi would have been much better signings for Sydney.

Archie Thompson would definitely be a better player than what Fowler is right now.

Just like Dwight Yorke, Fowler would be a class above anything in the A League including Archie Thompson imo. As long as he took it seriously he should do very well. I hope he signs :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KEEPER JOINS ADELAIDE ON SHORT TERM CONTRACT

Adelaide United FC has secured former Queensland Roar keeper Scott Higgins on a short term contract to cover for the injured Daniel Beltrame who is expected to be out for 4-6 weeks with a calf injury.

--------------------------------

Play him over Bajic, Viddie. :(

C'mon man, get serious. Fowler can barely run anymore and he's extremely injury prone. Sure he'd still have some good touch and will undoubtedly have the odd flash of patented God brilliance, but to say he'd be the best player in the league is a massive overstatement. Archie Thompson would definitely be a better player than what Fowler is right now.

I accept that players like Fowler are important because they boost the league's profile, but you still want players that can get out there regularly. Cocu or Aloisi would have been much better signings for Sydney.

He was at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He'd kill it over here. Liverpool reserves would do well over here.

4yuh9iw.jpg

great news

Fred and Craig Moore to Queensland Roar
Stephen Laybutt to Adelaide United
Andy Cole to SFC

I thought Melbourne were very close to getting the third striker. I swear I read a quote somewhere that Merrick said he was very happy with the player Cole was able to secure.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back