Media A (Mostly) Uneventful Off-Season At Coney Island

Remove this Banner Ad

1721694846421.png

Hello friends, and welcome to another season of whatever it is we do in this pocket of the Internet.

I've fielded literally a handful of queries regarding the activity of the Coney Island Warriors over the just concluded off-season so I thought I'd answer those queries in a public sort of a manner so nobody else bugs me.

We closed Van Cortlandt Park for some much needed cleaning and repairing, which not everybody appreciated. Poor Reginald Perrin left the keys to his castle inside and was absolutely ropeable when he couldn't get them.

1721696212643.png

We also brought in the 'experts' to give the Whore Tree a spit and polish.

1721695721853.png

Many of us kept fit in the off-season by running out for our respective States of Origin, with TheInjuryFactory orchestrating the event along with captaining the Sandgropers while FootyGuy13 led the Counts. Freofalcon kicked a bunch of goals as well.

1721698114197.png

TubbsFarquhar spudmaster Ocha905 & Purple7x08_24 started a band. Well they started busking, but as a four piece. Stokey was also involved for a while but was Pete Bested out of the band.

1721698707606.png

There was a bit of leadership activity as well. Domestically The Filth Wizard reclaimed the mantle of Grand Poobah of Sweet.

1721697847250.png

And of course internationally coach The Donald survived an assassination attempt from former coach Brad_Hardie.

1721697073853.png

In other news, Mofra started writing his Bottom 50 players list for 2024, Raveneyes learned some new chants, toxic went on a detox diet but realised what he was doing so stopped, and the old codgers pottered in the garden. Meanwhile former Warrior Dav 'retired' from the SFA for the second time.

1721698846211.png

Dinsdale & Piggy Smalls are still working on brewing the World's Best Beer.

1721699014807.png

And pantskyle is still big mad at being done dirty by the All-SFA selectors.

1721699086934.png

But lastly but by no means leastly we welcomed three new players to Coney Island - two rookies and a ninja.

As you know, each season we award the Stronzo Scholarship for one (1) person from the Fremantle board to join the Warriors, a scholarship which has included such people as Mesc Snuffaluphagus Randomizor and most recently Paracleet. I'm pleased to announce that the magnificently-named raffrox has been awarded the Stronzo Scholarship for season 38.

Joining him as a rookie at Coney Island for season 38 is brian_muz. An award-winning brewer but a novice to these parts, he found his BigFooty password at the back of his couch and once he logged in he looked up any club beginning with C. He came up with Carlton, Canberra and Coney Island, so we of course welcomed him with open arms.

Some say the biggest fish makes the smallest waves, and the last of the trio of recruits personifies this idiom. A player that in 206 SFA games has done pretty much everything that can be done in Sweet. beez Trophy winner, Mobbs Medallist, EKA winner, Fredalist, Frankston Rover Award winner, Premiership winner, SoO winner, five time All-SFA player with one as captain and probably more club awards than I could count (and I can count a lot). Yet when he agreed to swap Gumbies Blue for Warriors persimmon he wanted a minimum of fuss made over what is undoubtedly THE recruitment coup of the off-season, which shows the mark of the man. In fact his exact words to me were "I'm a woman's man, no time for talk". So it's my absolute privilege to confirm that the one and only Barrybran is now a Coney Island Warrior! Welcome aboard gents!

1721702199299.png

And as for me? I got some hammock time in.

bob holiday 5.jpg

ben stiller snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Media A (Mostly) Uneventful Off-Season At Coney Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Back