A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraser 45, I’m sorry but your really are a feeble ignorant fool, and your post shows your inability to recognise how hypocritical and duplicitous you are. You say it is the rest of the Club that has this terrible arrogant attitude, and that we need to get over ourselves, your forgetting the fact that it was the Club who were tirelessly trying to make it work for you, and it was, to use your words the arrogant attitude from the group of men who couldn’t get of themselves and join something of greater reason, and magnitude. You wanted to have your own set of rules, and that is not how a CLUB works. This is all that is needed to be said on the matter, stop the pot shots from behind the desk, good luck with your season.

You cleary dont know what happened to us or are commenting on somthing you know nothing about.

Fraser 45, I’m sorry but your really are a feeble ignorant fool, and your post shows your inability to recognise how hypocritical and duplicitous you are. You say it is the rest of the Club that has this terrible arrogant attitude, and that we need to get over ourselves, your forgetting the fact that it was the Club who were tirelessly trying to make it work for you, and it was, to use your words the arrogant attitude from the group of men who couldn’t get of themselves and join something of greater reason, and magnitude. You wanted to have your own set of rules, and that is not how a CLUB works. This is all that is needed to be said on the matter, stop the pot shots from behind the desk, good luck with your season.

You are blinded by the attitude that OS throw at you and you clearly dont have your own opinion, stop following the crowd down there and think for yourself, you parents paid $100,000 for you to be a sheep.

Dont take what you have heard from your "committee" as gospel because you have no idea what has happened and it clearly shows that if OS payed any attention to the clubbies team last year they may have found a player that played on saturday in the 1s, 12 months ago.

stick to your arrogant and clouded views

Your an idiot. Here are 3 reasons why.

1 - Trying to pretend your not an EX os clubbies player in the a section thread when you made it pretty clear in clubbies thread that you were.

2 - Taking the piss out of a team thats playing A section footy when your just a dreg playing clubbies (south).

3 - You actually get cocky about winning clubbies (south) games?

Haha, you've literally just spelled out everything that is wrong with the club.

How in anyway does the grade of football we play dictate what type of person we are? According to your formula, those that aren't talented at football and float around in the clubbies are "dregs" Please inform the board on how you've come to such a stunning generalisation.

And why wouldn't be happy about winning games. Should we cease singing the song and celebrating wins because they were merely at club xviii level?

One day young man, when you can't cut it at A grade, I look forward to seeing you run around in the clubbies while you eat humble pie.

In the mean time, for the benefit of society, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself.

I love this Scotch bitch fight! It's interesting that now heaps have left the nest that things are falling apart. My mate who left OS to play bush footy this year said they never found him a job as promised and the money he was getting weekly from them in the mean time wasn't enough to pay the bills....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks like Ferraro, Nayna, Brennan and Fatty Passador from the SANFL may not be there that long either.

I believe that OT only have 2 new recruits to their club this year, what does this say about the bottom tier of A grade, or is it just Scotch?

Haha, you've literally just spelled out everything that is wrong with the club.

How in anyway does the grade of football we play dictate what type of person we are? According to your formula, those that aren't talented at football and float around in the clubbies are "dregs" Please inform the board on how you've come to such a stunning generalisation.

And why wouldn't be happy about winning games. Should we cease singing the song and celebrating wins because they were merely at club xviii level?

One day young man, when you can't cut it at A grade, I look forward to seeing you run around in the clubbies while you eat humble pie.

In the mean time, for the benefit of society, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself.

You must feel so much better about yourself after taking cheap shots behind an alias of which you think no one knows.

It seems the arrogance you hate so much was displayed by yourself after kicking 7 goals in the first round in clubbies south (worst division in the league)

When talking about the culture of clubs it is usually good to be part of it before you comment.

Have fun playing this year and i'm sure the boys at OS bid 'good riddence' due to your attitude

As everyone reading this thread can see, the Cardinals, Old Scotch split hasn't been kind to anyone.

The Cardinals boys feel as if they have been ignored for years, despite coming to all the major club functions, paying their subs, and putting money over the bar, like all the other OS players. The Cardinals were rarely given games at Camberwell sports ground and trained with the same four decade old sherrins for a whole season. Old Scotch always said that the cardinals couldnt play at CSG because they couldnt fit it in to the saturday roster, however given that clubbies football has games at 9.30am its hard to see how this was the caes.

The current team at Old Scotch would feel as though they have been left to struggle to field 3 teams, and its the cardinals to blame. While its my understanding the committee havnt been as open as they could have with their decision making, the blame should not rest on their shoulders, they were not really given an option.

In the middle of Kickit's now infamous rant earlier in this threat he made a good point the Vafa are relatively uninterested in supporting a Clubbies competition. By making the rule that they did, that A section clubs needed 3 teams before they have a clubbies team, they effectively doomed many clubbies teams in one clean swipe. In their blind attempts to try and take Vafa football back to the golden old days up beside the VFL, they are missing the point that Amos football is about playing for fun and with your mates. Its not meant to be about getting paid , its not about training fulltime, its about playing for a club that you feel represents something.

Clubbies football is an extension, a more extreme version of this. A lot of guys want to still be able to go out on a friday night, train once a week or not at all, have a joke with their opponents during a game and just generally not take it as seriouslly. The boys still pay subs, dont need a new footy each week and dont even mind umpiring their own games, which should be perfect for the VAFA as the costs to run it are so low. So why the animosity?

If you want money to play, go to the EFL. if you are strong, fit, and willing to sacrifice enough then play seniors and good luck its a great competition. Don't try and cut the clubbies out in a poor attempt to elitisise the competition, its hypocritical to the whole reason amos footy is around.

As a summary for this rant, Old Scotch were put in a pretty ordinary position by the VAFA, while the decision making process wasnt great they didnt have much of a choice in the end. Many of the Cardinals boys understand this, and will still come to Camberwell and support the seniors.

Goodluck
Presti

This Post goes to show you dont get it. Arrogant terrible attitude. But that is just for some of you. there are some great blokes down there and some really good players. I bet you wouldnt know the names of more than half the guys in the 3rds. All the best to the most, but the arogant cancers should finally get over themselves

Some of the best reading in a long time. Calling each other arrogant cancers is vintage. And who would have thought, it took some scotchies to say it.
Where is footypieeater when you need someone to say something silly.

Wonder is troon is regretting becoming a lion? He may experience winning a final on elsternwick park if he is lucky.

I am going to bring this to a head. Old scotch has been put in a poor position by the VAFA. This will soon be happening to a lot of A Grade, B Grade and C Grade clubs in the near future. The Vaffa committee is trying to phase out the clubbies section, be it a good decision for the competition or a poor decision but at the end of the day this is the decision. Personally I believe that the VAFA clubbies is one of the last places in Melbourne (barring super rules) that people that have other commitment, be it work or family and they cannot commit to the rigorous time that football takes away from you at a reasonably high level, can still enjoy the excellent Australian sport. Clubs are being made to make a choice and sometimes choices that are made are not for the present but for the future development and movement of a club, and can initially be ridiculed without a crystal ball.

The decision was made that the OSFC would not longer offer the clubbie section a side, rather offer the clubbies a chance to play for a club that is working together to strive for greatness be it Premier, reserves grade and or thirds level. Now, the decision was left to the players and they made a decision. This decision is to no detriment of the Old Scotch Football Club and good luck to the Ex-OSFC players in their opportunities at other clubs. The reality is that there are players out there that move around from club to club in search of a good deal and that is completely the decision of the player and the person themselves, whether they have the ability of Chris Judd or the ability and talent of a potato, it happens.

To bring up such idiotic statements that past players, as a general rule, do not like the culture of OSFC is just that, idiotic. There is no reason for OSFC to promote the culture and to get all defensive when people that were not involved in the culture and that are talking from third person experience comment about it. People enter clubs and ask what can this club do for me, now this is not the attitude any club, business or relationship should work on hence these people ended up leaving. For things to work, there are a couple of sayings.

-----What can I do for the club?-----
-----Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you----
----“Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country” – John F. Kennedy----

These apply to clubs (workplaces, businessmen and relationships) that are extremely successful. Give a little, get a little. I don’t think that we should come in here, guns blazing, and make unreasonable and uneducated comments regarding decisions made by the OSFC, move on if you are not happy, otherwise OSFC and any other club will open their arms for you. Issues regarding people leaving are always going to arise, as not all people get along and everyone doesn’t see eye to eye, that is neither here nor there. That’s life. but people that have left and then have a go at someone/something ie. The club, they have a real problem with ignorance not the club. Shit happens. I do believe that there are at least 66 players that enjoy everything about the club.

So to all the hatters, unless you have experienced the culture first hand then you cannot comment. I am not going to get on here and tell you about your club, because I do not know about your club, your players and your team. I only know about mine, me and ours and I love it. And I am not the only one.

OB v UBL
OS v OT but my heart isn't in it
COLL v MAR
OM v SBMT
DLS v OX

Looking forward to the clash at Dairy Bell tomorrow - can the running and fitness of De La keep ahead of the slowly-revving-up Xavs machine?

How'd you reckon you went????:D

Decision making
Correctly judged all scoring and non scoring decisions
Comments:

Positioning skills
Correct astride line
Correct behind line or under flight of ball
Reads game well and responds quickly to change of play
Comments:

Other skills
Displays excellent speed and agility
Flag waving style
Signals in proper order from correct position
Recording of scores according to instructions
Comments:

Communication and cooperation
Assists correctly with field and boundary umpires
Responds to appropriate reporting of players
Comments:

Overall and other comments:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rickybobby,

As your saw from my above post i agree with you, its the VAFA's perogative to take a giant meat cleaver to the Clubbies section.

The only options Old Scotch had was to continue with the 4 teams and hope that the Cardinals had the numbers to fill the spare spots in the 3rds, or take the option that they did and only play with 3 teams. The Cardinals now have 55 people on the list and would have been able to cover the thirds quiet confortably, but the committee was not to know that at the time. The Cardinals feel as though they could always have provided those players and 4 teams would have been feasible, the OS committee feel that this wouldnt have been the case, that is the centre of the issue. However many guys have a lot more cynical view of why this decision was made, and that is where the probem lies.

The culture thing is a side issue, and really doesnt have anything to do with us now that we are no longer at the club.

Rickybobby,

As your saw from my above post i agree with you, its the VAFA's perogative to take a giant meat cleaver to the Clubbies section.

The only options Old Scotch had was to continue with the 4 teams and hope that the Cardinals had the numbers to fill the spare spots in the 3rds, or take the option that they did and only play with 3 teams. The Cardinals now have 55 people on the list and would have been able to cover the thirds quiet confortably, but the committee was not to know that at the time. The Cardinals feel as though they could always have provided those players and 4 teams would have been feasible, the OS committee feel that this wouldnt have been the case, that is the centre of the issue. However many guys have a lot more cynical view of why this decision was made, and that is where the probem lies.

The culture thing is a side issue, and really doesnt have anything to do with us now that we are no longer at the club.

I agree that you would have had enough numbers to provide the 3s with players, but the decision was made hoping that players would stay at the club and choose to become more committed. Everyone is going to have different opinions of course, but decisions need to be made and they were. No need harping on it now. I understand that you agree with me, but for those who don’t, need to move on...

How'd you reckon you went????:D

Spot on. Played a blinder. Raised my opinion of myself several notches. Even the video review of the ball hitting the bottom of the behind post came out in my favour, despite the howls from both sides of the fence.

Mind you, if the AFL find out I'm leading the tipping AND picked De La, I expect I'll be running water for the rest of the year...

and why a particular young gun backman spent most of the game at full forward?

Yep! Seemed lost. I've been told Lynch went back as the club thought Corin would start at FF and he'd be a good match-up. That didn't happen although Corin was there for awhile. Not one of the better moves.

StB v OX - OX
OM v OS - Dunno why but OS
Marc v DLS - DLS
UB v OT - UB (only cause it's @ home)
Coll v OB - Coll

Good luck to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back