A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Although sucess has not yet been found, everyone is working very hard to try and achieve it. This year has seen many improvements and everyone involved doing everything they possibly can and hopefully in the not to distant future it will all come together. If the young team that played on the weekend stays together and improve together things will look up.

2) Collegians will obviously play finals but doubt they will make the GF or test the likes of De La and Xavs who are much harder teams and willing to work. It would also seem that if the heavens opened come september, Collegians seemingly would be no chance.

3) Think Blues will just miss finals but could be a roll of the dice with St Bedes. Trinity will stay up over Brighton. Not sure if Rambo got reported on the weekend, I remember the umpire saying there was a report and confusion as to whether he did or not?

4) Marcellin will beat someone surely, at least one.

De La for me i think in the end.

I thought it would be a good time to pose some questions of you well informed A section watchers - Brian Speaking, you can anser as well if you like ! Only joking Nick, my spies tell me you were at Mentone yesterday to watch your 2nd favourite team..

1. When will the board of Old Scotch finally lose patience with the highest paid and most under achieving coach in A Section?

2. Have the Lions been shown up as pretenders?

3. Will the blues slow start to the year cost them a finals spot?

4. Can Rambo keep Trinity up...again ? and is he glad he didn't follow his mates down to Aquinas

5. Will Marcellin win a game ?

6. is a De La / Xavs GF a mere formality?

1. After this year
2. Yes
3. Wont just be him, but they will stay up.
4. No
5. No but likely. Uni Blues will be a hard opponent on Prelim day for one of these teams.

Ed Clarke is back at UB. FYI, he got the medal in the GF win in 2004. Kicked 3 goals in the reserves and is good to go.

Will finish above Collegians.

Vafa Guru: an excellent first question there mate, can't help but think exactly the same thing. They've had 4 different coaches over the past decade, why not make it 5!!

walshy21: Some great insight there mate, but we've heard it all before. Any danger of a answering the question rather than cr@pping on about 'improvement' and that 'hopefully' things will come together in the near future?? Judging by the weekend's display, the only thing that will come together in the near future is a B grade relegation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to tomorrow's match of the round with DLS Vs OX at Toorak Park. Very wet out there today. Will the rain slow down De La's zippy midfield of Williams, Lowe, Gotch and J Oakley? Will the bigger bodies (Biddlecombe,Ball,Lynch etc.)from the defending champions be too much for the young De's?
Hopefully the boys put on a show - The last 3 contests have been amazing. It does remind me of the West Coast V Sydney rivalry a few years back. Whatever the result a great day of Ammo football is in store. My tip is the Old Xaverians (The education these boys receive is truly top notch and they should outsmart De La and their youthful exuberance in the wet.)

Let's get ready to rumble!

The winners will be:

OB (4th Qtr knockout)
OM (by Forfeit)
OT (by walkover)
SBMT (by mutual agreement due to darkness at 4.30pm)
OX (by a single point again )

From a very wet Whale.

VAFA GURU.

How do you know the scotch coach is the highest paid coach????

Made finals first year
Second Year played over 45 players in the seniors,decimated with injury

3rd Year decimated with injury.13 senior players. And all quality, out for the rest of the year,and perhaps you could name them as you think you are a football guru??????

great to see every one tip against Scotch today.13 players 21 and under played seniors for Scotch today.

That is over half the team.pretty good effort i reckon today.

VAFA GURU.

Made finals first year

3rd Year decimated with injury.13 senior players. And all quality, out for the rest of the year,and perhaps you could name them as you think you are a football guru??????

great to see every one tip against Scotch today.13 players 21 and under played seniors for Scotch today.

Always the same re injuries. Scotch will tell you they have been unlucky injury wise for 20 years.

Scotch have always recruited well but they can't play as a team. On news today, another thrashing by UB, St Bogans were decimated with injury though.

They are absolutely flying & a couple of high profile recruits turned it on today.

VAFA GURU.

Made finals first year

If he isn't the highest paid, who is??

1 year of finals is hardly a success

Everyone has injuries

The VAFA is a young comp, 25 is old so I don't cop the 13 u/21 rubbish

Vafa Guru,

no use making assumptions about coaches if you cannot back info up.You have no such info to make absurd comment.

You are no doubt just another Scotch Hater

My mail is that the scotch coach is doing a good job with what he has got and will be at Scotch next year---fact

You may find this funny but if Dela dont win it this year or Uni Blues with their talent,perhaps the finger should be pointed at their coaches for under achieving

Yes it is a young comp,but the true facts are that scotch have had major injuries to their best players---fact. And they are playing many young players and perhaps a lot more than most clubs are---fact

but you would hate the truth to get in front of your crap.

VAFA GURU.

Made finals first year

Please, just do us all a favour and go down to B grade and come back when your ready to offer this competition something...

You have not contributed anything in the last 20 years. Except given Xavs plenty of pleasure with all your choking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back