A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, just do us all a favour and go down to B grade and come back when your ready to offer this competition something...

You have not contributed anything in the last 20 years. Except given Xavs plenty of pleasure with all your choking

DShalapp, if your comments above were a facebook status I'd "like it"

walshy21: Some great insight there mate, but we've heard it all before. Any danger of a answering the question rather than cr@pping on about 'improvement' and that 'hopefully' things will come together in the near future?? Judging by the weekend's display, the only thing that will come together in the near future is a B grade relegation![/QUOTE]

As far as I know Pete will be at Scotch next year and everyone at the club is happy with the processes being put in place for improvement, obviously there would be some pressure, as we have underachieved for sure over the past few years.

I think it has been great this year that such a young team has been playing together to build hopefully long term bonds between the players and i thought that it might have seen some support on bigfooty as Scotch always cops flack over recruiting and many times suggestions have been made to play young players.

As for injuries, all clubs cop them so wont make excuses there but it has been good as young blokes like Ash Lim can step up and put there stamp on playing consistent ones footy.

Cant comment on who gets paid how much as i would have no clue.

I hope soon that our potential finally shines through and we can quickly make up for what you say is a lack of contribution!

bigman31 - Whatever he is getting paid, it’s too much! Clearly he wasn’t put on a performance based contract… Each year with Banfield the ladder position has got worse & worse yet he’s been offered an extra year??? The only way I see Banfield leading them to a top 4 spot would be in B grade!

Injuries – everyone has injuries mate. Surely the “Pathway” down at OS would suffice in counteracting these ‘injuries’… but hang on a sec... That’s right, the club eradicated it’s backbone of players leaving them with no depth or player numbers whatsoever! You can buy as many good players as you like but you can’t buy a team!

PS: DShlapp – just to correct you mate, they’ve been in A grade for 30 years, not 20. Same sh!t different year pretty much.

PPS: Walshy – surely everybody can’t be happy with the ‘process’ if 50+ blokes walk out on the club before the season even starts!!

Stating that Scotch eradicated its backbone of players is nor correct or called for. This has been discussed previously in this thread and players left as they did not agree with the changes made, which were in accordance with the VAFA's new set up.

Little player numbers would also be incorrect with four teams taking to the field week in week out. The changes made were to establish a new pathway system and will take time as it is only the first year it has been introduced. One player has already played thirds, seconds and then firsts this year so hopefully this will continue and the pathway is successful.

For those who dont remember Banfield took them into the finals in his 1st year after they had to win the last game of the year to avoid relegation the year before,not a bad effort.

Yes all clubs get injuries ,but no club has lost their top 5 players in A grade 2 years in a row,which has happened at Scotch.

All players out for the year,serious ending injuries,no club has had to cop it like that.

I reckon he has done a great job just to keep them alive.

And overall what matters most is that the players who have stuck,really like him,esp all the young blokes-----fact.

So people outside think they know,but really they have no idea.

Bigman31

Bigman,

We currently have 28 senior players on our injury list, we had to forfeit our thirds game on the weekend, yet we are still sitting 5th and chugging along. No complaints from us.

The issue with you guys is that you keep losing players, have done for the last few years. The only players you get are ones that are interested in playing for a little incentive and a year later they are off.

You guys are are having a laugh if you think there is no culture issue down there and Banfield is a big part of that problem.

Hugh,

please understand i am not whinging,but we also have over 20 injuries,but the point i was trying to make was that they are our best players,not our bottom players or our middle tier players,but our best

They are our match winners,and now for the last 2 years we have suffered big time. How many long term season injures have you got???

Every one will always bag Scotch but at every club there are always things that can influence a season or a game,and in this comp you need your best players out on the park.

That is fact,i am not whinging ,just sticking up for Scotch.

Bigman31

And Hugh we have no culture problem and Banfield is not the issue,and if you are not part of the club you have no f----- idea.Simple.

St Bedes wont make the finals this year,nor Old Mel,nor Old Brighton,Nor trinity,nor Marce,and Collegians will go out in straight sets and Uni Blues will miss out again.

So have a crack at those clubs for a change Hugh,as you dont know anything about what happens inside Scotch and the players and their Coach.

Bigman31

Hugh,

That is fact,i am not whinging ,just sticking up for Scotch.

Bigman31

Bigman - your blind loyalty to Scotch is your main your main fault. The fact you guys cant see it is your main problem. Your general statements also undermine you. From my read of your teamlist on the weekend you had

- Thompson, Brennan, Dick, Nayna, Houilhan, Lewis, Davis, Eva, Pike, Campbell and Ferraro all played
- From my knowledge of your list only Tallent, Passador and maybe Routledge would be in the same company as those
- St.Bedes didnt have P.Wintle, Anstey, B.Collins, Groves, Terrill, Scaffidi, Phibbs, McGettigan (both os), Curcio and Corda to name a few.

Point is everyone has injuries. Marcellin may have had a few as well. Only one Club holds it up as a banner.

Clearly being at the place has made you boys totally oblivious to the evident cultural and leadership problems that your club has had for some time. How can a club with so much cash & support not to mention ties with one of the country’s top schools, continue to put in below par results season after season and have all sorts of internal sh!tfighting each year!!

Bigman – the reason we’re not having a go at other clubs is because these other clubs don’t blow their own horn, don’t make constant excuses for their problems, don’t go on about how good they are after a 15 goal win over Marcellin and most significantly, haven’t been consistently average for the past 30 years! St Bedes, Old Melb, Marcellin & Uni Blues have all won A grade premierships in recent years, whereas OS haven’t won a flag in three decades; a massive underachievement considering the resources & funds that the club has at its disposal.

Maybe that’s why nobody’s having a go at them. Win a Premiership!! Just stop talking about it and do it!!

For those who dont remember Banfield took them into the finals in his 1st year after they had to win the last game of the year to avoid relegation the year before,not a bad effort.

Yes all clubs get injuries ,but no club has lost their top 5 players in A grade 2 years in a row,which has happened at Scotch.

All players out for the year,serious ending injuries,no club has had to cop it like that.

I reckon he has done a great job just to keep them alive.

And overall what matters most is that the players who have stuck,really like him,esp all the young blokes-----fact.

So people outside think they know,but really they have no idea.

Bigman31

Bigman31, just for some comedic relief this cold Tuesday morning, could you please list the top 5 players that Scotch lost in 2009 and 2010. This could be a real laugh.

Not sure how Houlihan, Ferraro and Nayna will feel when you list the 2010 names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigman31, just for some comedic relief this cold Tuesday morning, could you please list the top 5 players that Scotch lost in 2009 and 2010. This could be a real laugh.

Not sure how Houlihan, Ferraro and Nayna will feel when you list the 2010 names.

well if those three are their best then there a serious worries down there.

nayna was tagged out of the game by quarter time on both occasions trinity played scotch this year. started throwing cheapies behind the play and then couldn't get near it because he was watching over his shoulder all day. seriously overrated.

as for the other 2, we've never much rated either of them.

Clearly being at the place has made you boys totally oblivious to the evident cultural and leadership problems that your club has had for some time. How can a club with so much cash & support not to mention ties with one of the country’s top schools, continue to put in below par results season after season and have all sorts of internal sh!tfighting each year!!

Bigman – the reason we’re not having a go at other clubs is because these other clubs don’t blow their own horn, don’t make constant excuses for their problems, don’t go on about how good they are after a 15 goal win over Marcellin and most significantly, haven’t been consistently average for the past 30 years! St Bedes, Old Melb, Marcellin & Uni Blues have all won A grade premierships in recent years, whereas OS haven’t won a flag in three decades; a massive underachievement considering the resources & funds that the club has at its disposal.

Maybe that’s why nobody’s having a go at them. Win a Premiership!! Just stop talking about it and do it!!
Though most of the posts about Scotch are not correct. Fair enough Scotch hasn't delivered over a long period being in A Grade, that's the bottom line.

Anyway time to move on.

Lets move on from Scotch.

What were peoples thoughts on the matches from the weekend??

Which ones did you attend??

Who played well and where were the games won and lost???

I caught the second half of the De La v Xavs game a witnessed a ripping contest.

Like any great side Xavs stayed within distance at 3 qtr time and their run from defence lifted and enabled them to kick 4 or 5 in the last to win.

De La had chances to stretch the lead in the last but inaccurate kicking let them down.

Both sides could take plenty out of the game.

On a seperate note: Xavs showed alot of repsect for Tysan Hunt (DLS) constantly tagging him all day, but to the young mans credit he beat the tag and played a great game till he was knocked out on the 3qtr time siren (lareg melee ensured in front of the De La bench) looked like a fair bump from where I was.

I thought there wasn't much in the first quarter. De La looked much the better in the second and third but couldn't put Xavs away and their running game fell away during the last quarter which Xavs took advantage of. Xavs weren't at full strength so they would be more than happy with the result.

I thought there wasn't much in the first quarter. De La looked much the better in the second and third but couldn't put Xavs away and their running game fell away during the last quarter which Xavs took advantage of. Xavs weren't at full strength so they would be more than happy with the result.

I thought Scotch is the only team not at full strength....

well if those three are their best then there a serious worries down there.

nayna was tagged out of the game by quarter time on both occasions trinity played scotch this year. started throwing cheapies behind the play and then couldn't get near it because he was watching over his shoulder all day. seriously overrated.

as for the other 2, we've never much rated either of them.

I can't speak for Houlihan but Robert Ferraro and Rowan Nayna are very good footballers. Better than most running around in A Section. If you don't tag these guys they will tear you apart.

Not sure what all the Scotch hate is about - if you can get decent players, why not get them. They seem to be pretty happy with themselves - so live and let live i say.

Teamsto be defeated this week will be:

The Trinitarians, The Brightonites, The Wesleyians, The Marcellonians and The Camberwellians.

The Whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back