Kooley

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
out west
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
arsenal
I know alot of carlton people will be hurting like crazy tonight. The thought of rocking up to work or school or the dole office tomorrow leaves a sick feeling in the gut.

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way but I've actually become immune to failure and disappointment. It's a wierd feeling. I actually left the ground tonight quite calm and knowing that this group will not take us forward. I fully understand this is not a good thing but I'm no longer warming to this group.

Re: A wierd Feeling!!

That's a good point. Have always said you won't enjoy the wins without suffering over the losses. All in context however. Give me 20 minutes staring at a tree and I usually come down safely to earth.

It's expectation that kills you. The tenacity they played with in the finals teased us, the win over the Pies plain trolled us and now here is the pay off. We seem to have the ability to beat anybody but only if they allow us to play our type of game. The jig is up and now we have to adapt or perish.

Quite simply, we need our best 22 on the park at all times and 100% application from everybody.

I know alot of carlton people will be hurting like crazy tonight. The thought of rocking up to work or school or the dole office tomorrow leaves a sick feeling in the gut.

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way but I've actually become immune to failure and disappointment. It's a wierd feeling. I actually left the ground tonight quite calm and knowing that this group will not take us forward. I fully understand this is not a good thing but I'm no longer warming to this group.

You know what, having endured the dark years, it galvanized me, and I thought walking back to southern cross after the game, you've been through worse mate, just smile and nod and agree tomorrow morning, but what makes me sick in the friggin guts is, I was ****in born and raised on a never say die culture in the Carlton football club, but to see the same said club prance around the football ground the way we do in our present day, that is not the culture I sighned up for all those years ago, it's down right embarressing and a disgrace to the Carlton name the way we played today, sorry if I'm over the top tonight, but I'm hurting bad, real bad

It's expectation that kills you. The tenacity they played with in the finals teased us, the win over the Pies plain trolled us and now here is the pay off. We seem to have the ability to beat anybody but only if they allow us to play our type of game. The jig is up and now we have to adapt or perish.

Quite simply, we need our best 22 on the park at all times and 100% application from everybody.

Its expectation born of years of success ODN.When are people going to realize we're not that team anymore!!!
The old dark navy blues are dead!

Throughout the dark days, I looked forward to that light at the end of the tunnel, however small and far off it looked at times. A loss was expected - I just looked for promise in the young kids. Any signs that they might develop into players that could lead us to number 17. I was seldom negative because I knew full well just how bad we were. I loved the footy club and looked forward to every game.

Over the past few years, the small glimmer has grown into a blinding light. 08 and Judd, 09, 10 finals losses, 2011 the finals win and you think you've emerged, that the dark days are behind us and Carlton will once again reign supreme.

Then the events of the past 5 weeks threaten a sobering reality. Maybe, just maybe, the team we've built isn't as good as we thought it would be. Maybe that gleaming light we saw will end up being the gloom of a wet, overcast sky. Far better than where we were perhaps, but not as good as we hoped to be. 2012 was the year that we'd challenge once again and it now looks like it might be an opportunity missed.

The season is still early. We have 14 rounds to prove that we can compete with the best. Melbourne and Port Adelaide come at a good time, allowing us to work on our structures and overcome our form slump. But we've got to be at the peak of powers to compete with what comes after that.

I might be being over dramatic but after the anger I felt against Essendon, the frustration I felt last week, all I was left with today was an empty apathy. No doubt the Murphy loss didn't help that feeling. It was distressing to see the bloke who had it tougher than anybody else out there attack the footy with reckless abandon against the dominant player on the ground in Dangerfield, only to find himself injured and subbed out of the game. Footy's a cruel sport at times. :thumbsdown:

Throughout the dark days, I looked forward to that light at the end of the tunnel, however small and far off it looked at times. A loss was expected - I just looked for promise in the young kids. Any signs that they might develop into players that could lead us to number 17. I was seldom negative because I knew full well just how bad we were. I loved the footy club and looked forward to every game.

Over the past few years, the small glimmer has grown into a blinding light. 08 and Judd, 09, 10 finals losses, 2011 the finals win and you think you've emerged, that the dark days are behind us and Carlton will once again reign supreme.

Then the events of the past 5 weeks threaten a sobering reality. Maybe, just maybe, the team we've built isn't as good as we thought it would be. Maybe that gleaming light we saw will end up being the gloom of a wet, overcast sky. Far better than where we were perhaps, but not as good as we hoped to be. 2012 was the year that we'd challenge once again and it now looks like it might be an opportunity missed.

The season is still early. We have 14 rounds to prove that we can compete with the best. Melbourne and Port Adelaide come at a good time, allowing us to work on our structures and overcome our form slump. But we've got to be at the peak of powers to compete with what comes after that.

I might be being over dramatic but after the anger I felt against Essendon, the frustration I felt last week, all I was left with today was an empty apathy. No doubt the Murphy loss didn't help that feeling. It was distressing to see the bloke who had it tougher than anybody else out there attack the footy with reckless abandon against the dominant player on the ground in Dangerfield, only to find himself injured and subbed out of the game. Footy's a cruel sport at times. :thumbsdown:

Mate what use is winning the next 2 weeks only to stumble at the next decent test,we have been the letdown of this round..even the Demons fans are laughing

Mate what use is winning the next 2 weeks only to stumble at the next decent test,we have been the letdown of this round..even the Demons fans are laughing

It's only going to get worse mate, just remember how you use to deal with the dark years and carry on like nothing had changed.

Its expectation born of years of success ODN.When are people going to realize we're not that team anymore!!!
The old dark navy blues are dead!

Not for me. It was the expectation born from a ferocious finals effort, a 5th place finish and anticipated improvement with some players returning from injury, and a good start to the season.

After the decade we had, the successful years are consigned to the memory bank archives.

i think we could have lived with finishing 5-8, if we hadn't had such a rollicking start and all the praise heaped on us. we could have been 5-3 but the 3 losses to start and we'd be feeling better about our steadying or climbing up the ladder. the fall after the pride.

i was loathe to commit to top 4 and just took the safe option of happy with 5-8th myself. course our shitty form zaps the confidence anyone can have in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost 21 so most of my life ive had to deal with Carlton being a basket case, what pains me is through the dark days you'd go to the footy expecting to lose, finding positives in the development of kids, and if you did happen to win it would be the best feeling in the world.

Now i dont enjoy wins quite as much, because ive come to except them, but performances like the dons, saints and today absolutely burn.

Last Monday night hurt me as I didn't see it coming, today however I thought we were up against it so am not hurting as much. What keeps me up and about is I know Swanny and co. will be pushing for a free agent as hard as anyone behind the scenes. We will be trying to pluck some Gold Coast kids etc. Our admin has its mongrel back, we are about 10% away from getting it right on the field. It will come, the club will do what it takes.

Must admit, for the first time in a long time, whilst I was sending the odd text to a fellow Blues fan mate of mine saying how poor we were during the match, I didn't let it affect me as much today. After last Monday's debacle I came to the sad realisation that we aren't good enough to match it with the big boys unless we have a full side on the park and are playing away from Etihad. We were never a chance against the Crows after our last month and with the players we are missing. Def not using injuries as an excuse, but our attitude is not good enough right now.

I stopped letting sport (of any kind) effect my mood a few years ago.

I just feel like it's not worth it

I said the same last week (and I even went missing from BF for a long time as I did not think it did me much good) but I have to say re next quote:

You know what, having endured the dark years, it galvanized me, and I thought walking back to southern cross after the game, you've been through worse mate, just smile and nod and agree tomorrow morning, but what makes me sick in the friggin guts is, I was ****in born and raised on a never say die culture in the Carlton football club, but to see the same said club prance around the football ground the way we do in our present day, that is not the culture I sighned up for all those years ago, it's down right embarressing and a disgrace to the Carlton name the way we played today, sorry if I'm over the top tonight, but I'm hurting bad, real bad

He is right - we have far more pretty boys than the blonde Aints ever had

I'm almost 21 so most of my life ive had to deal with Carlton being a basket case, what pains me is through the dark days you'd go to the footy expecting to lose, finding positives in the development of kids, and if you did happen to win it would be the best feeling in the world.

Now i dont enjoy wins quite as much, because ive come to except them, but performances like the dons, saints and today absolutely burn.

Actually watching the kids in the Northern Blues have a dip was the highlight of the weekend's footy for me. If Carlton were $1.40 favs to Adelaide's $3 then Northern Blues would have been $50 to Werribee's $1.01 but they had a hell of a dip :thumbsu:
(Sadly promoting the goers to play v AFL men would not be good for their development - against Melbourne - maybe a couple)

Scotch and Coke get me through disasters like today, having to get up for work in 6 hours is whats giving me a weird feeling.:eek:
another boring drunk
I prefer dry with my scotch

I think we have to still be positive if we beat melb and port and get back to the mcg, we are crap at etihad, the year isnt over. we all felt the same way last year when bulldogs beat us at etihad then a few weeks later we nearly beat west coast severly undermanned. Hopefully later in the year we will be injury free and still in it, judd will be killing it again, hampson kicking five walker taking mark of the year and bettsand garlett running riot.yesterday we basically had no good players i mean really who played well kruezer betts garlett thornton touhy curnow etc etc might well have not been there(didnt watch the last quarter)surely we cant be that bad, and adelaide are a very good side. The match commitee need to swing the axe you cant win with guys like russell getting almost zero of the ball give someone else a go(dont know who though) could bootsma or buckley do any worse, only problem is they might break. We rea.ly are undersized aren't we

Seriously, boo f###ing hoo!
Recognise that it is a sport, not real life stuff.
Understand that it's a "job" for footballers. They play football for themselves and the money they can earn over the next 5 to 10 years.
Fooball supporters wager more pride and passion for their club then the players. Fact.
It's shitty when Carlton loses, but please put your life into perspective people.

Seriously, boo f###ing hoo!
Recognise that it is a sport, not real life stuff.
Understand that it's a "job" for footballers. They play football for themselves and the money they can earn over the next 5 to 10 years.
Fooball supporters wager more pride and passion for their club then the players. Fact.
It's shitty when Carlton loses, but please put your life into perspective people.

Hear what you are saying but this is a footy forum. No-one's climbing the anti-jump wire on the WestGate just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

A weird feeling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back