• Saints

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder to all:
  • Visiting other team boards to troll is not tolerated (here or elsewhere)
  • Do not respond to trolls - it just makes our cleanup job harder. Report and ignore please.
  • Do not post identifiable screenshots of profiles or posts here for the sake of mockery
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Club being represented by Adrian Anderson. Asking for 4 games.

Adrian Anderson (St Kilda) points out Andrew Gaff was given eight-matches for a "behind play, deliberate act that smashed his opponent's jaw."

Jeff Gleeson (Chair) says a suspension of eight matches would imply Webster's hit is twice as bad as Powell-Pepper's.

Woods (AFL): "That's right. There's no resiling from that."

Club being represented by Adrian Anderson. Asking for 4 games.

Adrian Anderson (St Kilda) points out Andrew Gaff was given eight-matches for a "behind play, deliberate act that smashed his opponent's jaw."

Jeff Gleeson (Chair) says a suspension of eight matches would imply Webster's hit is twice as bad as Powell-Pepper's.

Woods (AFL): "That's right. There's no resiling from that."

so the AFL is basically publicly stating they have not taken concussion seriously enough and therefore are culpable in not doing everything in the power to provide a safe work place

wtf are these idiots.

you'd think any class action on concussion will have a field day with that shit as its not that long ago the gaff incident happened.

Saints should've shown replays of Webster's fearless attack on the ball in recent years where he's always come off second best including facial fractures. It's understandable why he'd turn his body to protect himself. Admittedly the jumping in the air motion looks damning but that's probably a split second decision to protect himself too

He's guilty of a poor technique in such circumstances in my opinion not a brazen head hit. Anything over 6 weeks is ridiculous.

Jimmy free to play Norf in Rd 8 :kissingheart:
And do this all again before round 9?

fade away homer simpson GIF

We’re going down a crazy path where we’ll end up watching a modified version of Gaelic football. It’s afl if you don’t like it don’t play it, don’t watch it. I’m sorry but giving in to this crap will be the end of afl, nfl, nrl, ice hockey and so on. Ooh heading the ball is dangerous, concussion, head clashes we need to look after the players.

What’s an afl player get paid ? How does that compare to a uni graduate ? Risk reward ?. Boxing, ufc I mean where do we stop, break out the cotton wool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going down a crazy path where we’ll end up watching a modified version of Gaelic football. It’s afl if you don’t like it don’t play it, don’t watch it. I’m sorry but giving in to this crap will be the end of afl, nfl, nrl, ice hockey and so on. Ooh heading the ball is dangerous, concussion, head clashes we need to look after the players.

What’s an afl player get paid ? How does that compare to a uni graduate ? Risk reward ?. Boxing, ufc I mean where do we stop, break out the cotton wool.

Put everyone in hamster balls, give them a single airsoft cannon and a pump, so you can only handball it by placing it and punting it out of a chute towards your own hamsters.

That way you can tackle to your hearts content by just running into each other, and the umpires then have to be dodged cause otherwise they bounce around as all the players are running everywhere trying to get the ball.

I call it AFBBBBBAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWL

Saints should've shown replays of Webster's fearless attack on the ball in recent years where he's always come off second best including facial fractures. It's understandable why he'd turn his body to protect himself. Admittedly the jumping in the air motion looks damning but that's probably a split second decision to protect himself too

He's guilty of a poor technique in such circumstances in my opinion not a brazen head hit. Anything over 6 weeks is ridiculous.
No poor technique, he lines the North player up and whacked him head-high with feet off the ground..you want to do that kind of thing, then take what you get from the tribunal. One of the dumbest things I have see for years, and sadly it's Saint player.

I think there's a lot of uncertainty regarding the future in terms of concussions and what that means legally for the AFL so they are understandably trying to mitigate the risks now.
But eventually imo they'll need to have rules in place that express players accept the dangers of getting concussions and can't pursue legal action due to said concussions or our sport (and many others) will become unrecognisable in the years to come.
Of course players need to show a duty of care and rules can be brought in to lower the risk but eventually both the league and the players will have to formally accept concussions are a real risk.

P.s Jimmy deserves 6, maximum of 7. Any more and it's egregious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AAMI Community Series, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Back