News Adam Cerra nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was an article earlier in the year listing him as one of the best at finding targets inside 50.

It was clearly evident in his junior days.

Here's a little something I wrote before the 2017 draft:

Given that last kick inside 50 has been where our gameplan has fallen apart over the last decade.... I think he is perfect for our needs.
2. Adam Cerra (Fremantle) – 35.3 per cent of kicks marked inside 50.

Harry will be ecstatic.

Yeah SOS would of traded pick 7 for Kristen Jacksch, Mark whiley and Blaine Bokehurst
Austin has done a pretty good job so far

SOS royally screwed us in that Jaksch and Wiley trade.

But not in the way you think he did...

Dunno. I recall there was an article a couple of years later about our list and they interviewed at least one opposition recruiter who said that a lot of people didn't love Dow.
Recruiters have favorites. Go figure.

Doesn’t miss games, doesn’t miss targets, harder than a bullet head nail, you could see he wanted in when we beat freo in our last few outings, is Italian, couldn’t be happier!👍
People talk about how Cerra doesn't miss targets but only goes at 68% disposal efficiency despite only getting 35% contested possessions.
They also talk about him being a 2 way runner but he wasn't in the top 5 runners in any game this year so generally he is running less than 13 kms a game. Even Dow managed to do this in 1 game.

I just worry that he isn't that hard finals style footballer.

Dunno. I recall there was an article a couple of years later about our list and they interviewed at least one opposition recruiter who said that a lot of people didn't love Dow.
That's because it was a weak draft with no standouts. Rankin, Hill and Lukosius were all more impressive as underagers even though they were no better the next year.

That's because it was a weak draft with no standouts. Rankin, Hill and Lukosius were all more impressive as underagers even though they were no better the next year.

And do you think this years draft is strong with over 60% of the draft sitting out for most of the year ;)

The talk on this forum goes from insane to outright ludicrous.

Cerra hasn't done much - at all. He has been getting primarily lose outside receives - posters in here talking him up as though he were Judd.

He has UPSIDE which is great - but so far he hasn't done much - please don't post his "last 4 games".

Right now I would place Cuningham and Kemp ahead of him - he is an "upgrade" on Newnes.

Cool your jets - this trade reminds me very much of Setterfield.

Frustrating the way supporters get so carried away - Saad, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Kennedy - I really don't rate him higher as a prospect than any of these except maybe Kennedy. Who Cerra wouldn't replace.

Every season we absolutely lose our collective minds over some player - who comes in and deflates the entire supporter base.

If someone has some other highlights which show him being "best recruit since Judd" - then great.

Cerra hasn't done much - at all. He has been getting primarily lose outside receives - posters in here talking him up as though he were Judd.

He has UPSIDE which is great - but so far he hasn't done much - please don't post his "last 4 games".

Right now I would place Cuningham and Kemp ahead of him - he is an "upgrade" on Newnes.

Frustrating the way supporters get so carried away - Saad, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Kennedy - I really don't rate him higher as a prospect than any of these except maybe Kennedy. Who Cerra wouldn't replace.

Every season we absolutely lose our collective minds over some player - who comes in and deflates the entire supporter base.

If someone has some other highlights which show him being "best recruit since Judd" - then great.

I get its your opinion but Jesus Christ how could you possibly rate cunners and kemp higher?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bit of a difference between negotiating a first round pick for the player and him dropping into your lap though.
What if the Player Hawks want is gone by pick 5? Cerra might be the next best player available from their point of view.
Won't happen - Freo are the only losers in that situation. We go to the draft, effectively moving 1 spot up the draft order, Hawks get a gun and Freo lose Cerra for nada.

Touted as top 5 here and possibly number 1.

My vague recollection of that draft was Paddy Dow was very highly rated by most. Just hasnt progressed as most thought.
Recruiters & Coaches opinions differ from club to club.
I blame our extremely poor player development for Dow's stunted growth, coupled together with the fact that in the first year or so there was a lot of pressure on his shoulders to step up in the midfield. Since Walsh has arrived that burden has been halved and he's started to play well, except that Teague would send him back to the 2s the first bad game.

Could you show me where someone has liken him to Judd?

I love Cuners, but doesn't have the IQ of most mids

I suspect you are just an opposition troll

it's like someone asked phil gould to comment on the afl...................

SOS royally screwed us in that Jaksch and Wiley trade.

But not in the way you think he did...

Well... Silvagni got pick 7 for GWS in 2014... they drafted Paul Ahern, who suffed two ACLs and never played for them. GWS traded him to North Melbourne in 2016 in exchange for pick 69. In that same period, GWS sent pick 69, 51, and one Patrick McKenna to Melbourne, and received... picks 57 and 59, neither of which they used.

So, pursued to its illogical conclusion, we fleeced GWS of Jaksch, Whiley and the pick that netted the... mercurial... Boekhorst, and I think it would be fair to say we squeezed every drop of... talent... out of those players.

GWS got nothing. We won by a mile :cool:.

So, Cerra. What could possibly go wrong?

yes.gif

Cerra will add that extra skill full midfielder we have been crying out for in this team.
Adds a dynamic on ball division of TDK,Walsh,Cerra,Cripps then swapping out with Pittonet,Kennedy,Curnow,Dow,Cuningham,Fisher,Martin,Setterfield which adds some uncertainty for the opposition of how we set up and we can change our set up to suit dominant opposition to stop their drive out of the middle.
Let's hope Vossy can get them to buy in to a team first mentality and everyone plays a role.

I dare you to find anyone who agrees that Kemp and Cunningham are ahead of Cerra right now...

the nihilistic crap being posted here today - it's like being trapped in an endless autopsy thread...........grow up, back the trades or fu** off.........

Not everybody is so blinded into thinking every move is a good one. We’ve made plenty of mistakes, plenty which people saw coming. Last years trade for example.

Not everybody is so blinded into thinking every move is a good one. We’ve made plenty of mistakes, plenty which people saw coming. Last years trade for example.
look forward, champion - bleating about past mistakes is a mug's game............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back