Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn we able to pay $500 000 a year over 2 years for Clarkson.

I assume we will be the same.
Yeah it will depend on our soft cap spend. I’m sure the bean counters are smart enough to re-jig a few thinks to minimise the tax which would otherwise go straight to Norf. Pyke may as well do a direct bank transfer to them and cut out the middle man.

Cheers for the flag, imo always represented the club well. Sad the way it had to end but every great coach gets sacked in the end.

Onto the next one

You are welcome to take Matthew Nicks.

We'll even throw in a Whopper voucher and Ned McHenry to sweeten the deal.

Garbage.

Apart from 3 players, club has been as classy as can be. Too classy infact
Club has been too classy? Hmmm ok. Explain the fitness of players since covid? That leads to injuries and less fit players. Players couldnt run out games . Too many leaks to media over the time and not ONCE did he whinge moan like certain players do. Good luck for the next 10 years . Watch how many you lose over the next 3 years

Yeah it will depend on our soft cap spend. I’m sure the bean counters are smart enough to re-jig a few thinks to minimise the tax which would otherwise go straight to Norf. Pyke may as well do a direct bank transfer to them and cut out the middle man.

what if contract is substituted for a couple of HJ franchises. when they say mutually departed, its not sacked and therefore not paid out, right? mutually departed = gave up money....for HJ franchises

(seriously, how many HJ franchises is there left to open?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sad, disappointing but ultimately inevitable.

I was a Simpson supporter but the past month has proven, even to me, that the club and players need a new voice with new and fresh ideas at the helm.

Thanks for everything Simmo you will be remembered fondly, don't let how your time here ended be any reflection on what you achieved through the entirety of your time at the club.

Club has been too classy? Hmmm ok. Explain the fitness of players since covid? That leads to injuries and less fit players. Players couldnt run out games . Too many leaks to media over the time and not ONCE did he whinge moan like certain players do. Good luck for the next 10 years . Watch how many you lose over the next 3 years
Literally no leaks to the media. He was sacked without any leaks. Not even Caro knew

Rest is a coaching problem. If a coach isnt responsible for the training standards of his players he isnt much of a coach.

Based on your logic he shouldnt even turn up Mon-Fri. None of his responsibility?

Everyone failed each other

List managers, medical staff, players, hell even the WAFL staff

Simmo isnt the first or last person to get the sack here. He is and should just be 1 of many

hmmm he pretty much was the last person in that entire list you mentioned....some players have contracts but they will be gone soon too.

Thanks Simmo. Had some very fun years with you at the helm. Down skiing demolition jobs, an unlikely run in 15, an even more unlikely premiership in 18 amongst them.

Obviously an extremely talented motivator and communicator at his best, and I'm sure he will do well wherever he ends up.

Time for a fresh set of eyes, new voices and takes on the game. Let's see what these green shoots can become.

Schofield should have a six game trial surely , M Knights has had chances previously I think Schofield is a tough task master , give him until end of 2025 on lesser wage ..Might all be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back