Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me a healthy clean break from both parties, I think Simmo deep down knew for a while his time was up.

It's never easy to sack/replace coaches (God knows my club have really been embarrassing and amateur in how he have sacked coaches in recent years) but you have allowed Simpson to leave with dignity and mostly happy memories at the club (2018 is definitely my favourite Grand Final this century)

Good to see most of you Eagles fans being gracious about Simmo's departure.

I really rate Ash Hansen highly and I really don't want Carlton to lose him, he has done a terrific job both at The Doggies and The Blues as an assistant..

Worth giving some serious consideration from your board.

Hopefully you can nail some gun kids in this year's draft too thumbs 👍

Good on the club for having the kahunas as well, something a lot did not think was possible.

Hopefully this indicates they have plans in place with the next cab of the rank, which will give who ever that may be a chance to make decisions on the squad for next year, including involvement in the draft.

Literally no leaks to the media. He was sacked without any leaks. Not even Caro knew

Rest is a coaching problem. If a coach isnt responsible for the training standards of his players he isnt much of a coach.

Based on your logic he shouldnt even turn up Mon-Fri. None of his responsibility?
Just shows how much you know about coaching in the AFL, thats why they employ Fitness Staff and Director of Fitness, If you open eyes and ears you hear every week the HEAD COACH talk about having to consult with fitness , medical staff before players are picked. Thats all.

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

Schofield should have a six game trial surely , M Knights has had chances previously I think Schofield is a tough task master , give him until end of 2025 on lesser wage ..Might all be surprised.
We need fresh ideas and a totally new game plan, appointing Schofield for next year would be madness. Interim coach from within the ranks until end of season then get the best external candidate for 2025. I’m expecting that to be Dean Cox.

Just shows how much you know about coaching in the AFL, thats why they employ Fitness Staff and Director of Fitness, If you open eyes and ears you hear every week the HEAD COACH talk about having to consult with fitness , medical staff before players are picked. Thats all.
Im aware of that.

All of that aside he has had a fully fit team the last 2 weeks and we been pounded into the ground by bottom 8 teams.

Not sure why that isnt relevant to a decision made today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a very good run, won a premiership but his position was beyond untenable the last fortnight.

Timing is everything and had the Board been scheduled to meet last week then he would've been sacked last week.

Thank you for your contribution and we wish you all the best for the future.

We need fresh ideas and a totally new game plan, appointing Schofield for next year would be madness. Interim coach from within the ranks until end of season then get the best external candidate for 2025. I’m expecting that to be Dean Cox.
Yep, this is likely the end of tenure at the club for most of the assistants too.

Hopefully whoever is taking the reigns opens up their campaign by telling the team to line up facing the wall as they remove their belt...

Need some serious, disappointed 1960's dad energy about the place with the playing group.

Also, bring back the biff!

Schofield would be on a hiding to nothing especially if you get hammered in the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back