Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful and lacking any semblance or respect, I’m just impressed they managed to spell ‘L’ and ‘W’ without any typos.

It’s a rag that’s eating itself in pursuit of the sugar hit of engagement. Just starve the campaigners of clicks and replies. 99% of their news is quite literally transcripts of interviews given to other media earlier in the day, they simply serve no function to footy fans or the broader media landscape other than to poke.
Unfortunately, you just described most mainstream media now days

If he wasn't signed to that weird contract he'd is probably sacked end of 22, mid 23 latest

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah. He might have even walked if not for the amended contract.

He took a pay cut during COVID because the AFL decimated the soft cap. I am not sure how much money he sacrificed at the time, but it meant contract an extension. I don't know the details but maybe he got over five years what he would have gotten over three?

This doesn't seem to have been posted as yet;
View attachment 2044057

IMO absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a total lack of respect for a Premiership coach and someone who apart from anything else seems like a decent human being.

Yep his tenure ended poorly, but obviously The West making it clear you don't mess with Pinnochio's penis.

The pic at the top of your page of Simmo holding up the Cup is a proper tribute and one that if The West had any class could have replicated, you know 'thanks' rather than 'see ya'.

What the actual F

Lost for words. Can't even blame one journalist for that - the editors and all higher ups allowed that completely trashy and disrespectful angle of the departure of a Premiership coach..

Apparently Simmo forced the decision by asking Pyke if he was any chance to be coaching the team in 2025 .. Pyke responded with No and Simmo probably said **** you too and let’s just end it now, that is why they probably hadn’t any plans locked in for who would be the interim coach or who would coach on the weekend ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I find it actually hilarious he thought he had a chance next year

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it actually hilarious he thought he had a chance next year

I think he likely knew he didn't.

They both knew there was a board meeting scheduled for the next day, they both knew the head coach would be discussed, and Pyke likely already knew what the outcome would be.

This doesn't seem to have been posted as yet;
View attachment 2044057

IMO absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a total lack of respect for a Premiership coach and someone who apart from anything else seems like a decent human being.

Yep his tenure ended poorly, but obviously The West making it clear you don't mess with Pinnochio's penis.

The pic at the top of your page of Simmo holding up the Cup is a proper tribute and one that if The West had any class could have replicated, you know 'thanks' rather than 'see ya'.
Winning one game in 10 for three years is as true as the fact of him winning a flag. You can't hang your hat on one then ignore the other.

I thought it was weird Simmo told Reid "I buried Paul" as he walked by. Wonder what he meant by it. He killed Paul Symmonds? One game legends Paul Johnson and Paul Mifka? Have their whereabouts been ascertained?

What?

Reported that Simo said to Bailey "You had your say" or some such.

Not Reid.

Last edited:
Yeah. He might have even walked if not for the amended contract.

He took a pay cut during COVID because the AFL decimated the soft cap. I am not sure how much money he sacrificed at the time, but it meant contract an extension. I don't know the details but maybe he got over five years what he would have gotten over three?

We really failed quite spectacularly in nearly every aspect of managing the covid years

Why do eagles cry Covid and Freo dont? What were the eagles exposed to that Freo wasnt? Seriously it's embarrassing.
Basically the players had massive sook (not all of them) that they had to play in Queensland in the hub and complained about it.
Ot was unfair and didn't want to stay away from home for 7 weeks.

Lost every game in the hub iirc.

"Don't criticise Goebbels because he'll generate a hit piece on you" is a wild take
Lol yeah, I'm not saying he shouldn't have done it.
I'm saying he should have known they would do something like this.
I don't agree with them doing it and it is gutter journalism but as soon as he said that to woodcock it was inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory I think we were the only Afl team to have to play top up players a couple of times and barely fielded a full Afl team at other times. Some media suggested some games should have been postponed and unfair we had to play.
We lost against the Kangaroos with i think three top up players.
I don't think Freo had to play Wafl top up players.
I think we're talking about Simmos cry after we moved to the hub in 2020. That was well documented in the AFL doco.

From memory I think we were the only Afl team to have to play top up players a couple of times and barely fielded a full Afl team at other times. Some media suggested some games should have been postponed and unfair we had to play.
We lost against the Kangaroos with i think three top up players.
I don't think Freo had to play Wafl top up players.
And some of those top up players played better footy than guys that have been on our list for 4+ years.

Amazing what some intent to make the most of your chance can bring.

Hi guys sorry for the interuption but does Simmo have to stand down from coaching next season to get the 1million dollars left on his contract or can he go to another club and become senior coach there and still get his money seeing as the club sacked him....

Tom Morris

@tommorris32

How about this from Jeremy McGovern... The airlines wouldn't allow him to fly home due to a punctured lung & broken rib, so he drove to Adelaide overnight, where his wife met him having flown in from Perth.Together they are now driving across the Nullarbor in a bid to be back in time for a possible Adam Simpson farewell game. McGovern & Simpson remain close and he wouldn't be driving from Melbourne to Perth (4ish days in the car) if not to pay tribute to Simpson

Tom Morris
@tommorris32

How about this from Jeremy McGovern... The airlines wouldn't allow him to fly home due to a punctured lung & broken rib, so he drove to Adelaide overnight, where his wife met him having flown in from Perth.Together they are now driving across the Nullarbor in a bid to be back in time for a possible Adam Simpson farewell game. McGovern & Simpson remain close and he wouldn't be driving from Melbourne to Perth (4ish days in the car) if not to pay tribute to Simpson

Gov trying to get back for Simmos last game

200.gif

Hi guys sorry for the interuption but does Simmo have to stand down from coaching next season to get the 1million dollars left on his contract or can he go to another club and become senior coach there and still get his money seeing as the club sacked him....

I would say he should be free to coach but I doubt that would happen

unless there's a non-compete in his contract

He can coach north next year if that's what you're asking yes. Lol

Had enough of Clarkson already?

Gets an assistant job in the AFL then his payout would be less , depending on how much he is paid .

Basically the players had massive sook (not all of them) that they had to play in Queensland in the hub and complained about it.
Ot was unfair and didn't want to stay away from home for 7 weeks.

Lost every game in the hub iirc.

Won 2, lost 3 in the first hub

Won 3, lost 3 in the second hub

So 5-5 overall

And some of the concerns prior to the first hub were justified. Only the WA clubs were asked to hub initially with no definitive return date in what were very uncertain times. And unlike Fremantle, we had several players with young families who were mostly left behind in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back