Prediction Round 20, 2024 - Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witherden out was a no brainer he's been so poor it not funny.
Yeo, waterman and McGovern in are a given.

For the life of me I don't get the darling selection. What has he done to deserve a call up?
Land of the giants forward line again and Freo are just going to run it out of our forward line with ease.
WAFL form - he lifter the team to get a win.

You going to do this every week for the next 5 years or you wanna move on...?
Just think it’s funny that Adam Simpson was the sole reason the old cobbers were getting a game, the effort was poor, and we weren’t rocking up ready to play.

Then we go to face a Ross Lyon St Kilda side, put in the worst effort of the century, lose by a margin higher than the Saints average per game, and the response is to bring back the old boys.

Could it be that our list was just paper thin all along and even Schofield (with no incentive to not just blindly back the kids) has arrived at the conclusion that most of them are unplayable too 😮😮😮

Individually I don't mind the names being dropped or bought in.

But as a collective it just looks so dam bad/weird.

Should have played Darling last week when Waterman was out and then brought Waterman in for him this week.

A lot of pace has exited the team (Petch and Jones for acceleration, Chesser quick enough at top flight too).

Surprised in Rotham keeping his spot for Gov but don't mind it being Witherden as his mid-season form has tapered away and Gov is a better kick as well as being faster than him.

Just think it’s funny that Adam Simpson was the sole reason the old cobbers were getting a game, the effort was poor, and we weren’t rocking up ready to play.

Then we go to face a Ross Lyon St Kilda side, put in the worst effort of the century, lose by a margin higher than the Saints average per game, and the response is to bring back the old boys.

Could it be that our list was just paper thin all along and even Schofield with no incentive to not just blindly back the kids has arrived at the conclusion that most of them are unplayable too 😮😮😮
So your suggestions? Give us your ins and outs.

Posters on Bigfooty when Schofield says he's going to reward WAFL form:

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

Schofield when he actually rewards WAFL form:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

****ing Simmo and his credits crew am I right?

Am I right guys?

Adam Simpson bringing back his favourites? The credits crew? Guys?

Simmo? Guys?

Darlings the only debatable one coming in

And the only kid dropped was Chesser

I'm not enamoured with the tall fwd line but this is a bit petulant

Darling at least applies pressure and absorbs 1-2 key defenders; might fumble a couple of marks and who knows, bag a snag? But is slower now.
But yeh, land of the giants again, who stops the ball rebounding out over and over?
Who/where are our zippy crumbers? Long and Brockman done. Ryan, Cripps and Hutch need to fire up. Cripps had a mare last week. Ryan needs to capitalise on his trick dribbles.
Does Schoey have some devious plan? Stayed up late last night trying work out how to make a silk purse from a sow's ear?
But we do have about 10 young players in the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posters on Bigfooty when Schofield says he's going to reward WAFL form:

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

Schofield when he actually rewards WAFL form:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

The only In that played the last WAFL game was Darling, and he wasn’t our best key forward that day.

jack darling was truly one of our WAFL players last match

Darlings the only debatable one coming in

And the only kid dropped was Chesser

I'm not enamoured with the tall fwd line but this is a bit petulant
Petulant is posters in game day threads shoe-horning in negative comments about Simpson (or positive comments about Schofield) on some random thing that they probably would have both done regardless of who is/was head coach.

That gets tiring.

So your suggestions? Give us your ins and outs.
I don’t have a major problem with the ins or outs, that wasn’t the point of my post.

Wouldn’t mind Chesser playing over LEdwards but, provided he is playing inside mid now that WAFL has resumed off the bye, I can rationalise it.

JJ, Witho out is correct. Petch on a short leash after a terribly quiet game is nice.

I don’t think Trew makes it because his skills are deplorable but nobody can fault his effort so…sure he stays. I’d drop him now and pump games into a Hall or Rawlinson or Johnston but is what it is.

Would probably go a Dewar over Darling or similar change, give us a smaller forward line, but generally our list is currently constructed in a way that several pegs that a square for one reason or another (too old, low ceiling, going to be delisted, played out of position) will find their way into round holes.

Just find it funny that sacking the coach didn’t change the old boys getting a game when I’ve been assured for years it’s solely because Simpson backs them in no matter what. Then the new coach comes in and immediately does the same. Shows where our list depth is at.

I think JD is in because he at least creates more of a presence in the packs than the younger blokes at the moment. They are still a bit lightly framed at this stage. And Oscar is probably still a bit fragile this season.

Stop Clark's run and we could win this.

Unfortunately Flyin Ryan (or Cripps) probably not the ideal match, although if he pulls him back towards goal and gets a couple of early ones, just maybe.

Darling not the worst option for a Derby against an underdone Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back